back to article Apple adds Yves Saint Laurent CEO to executive team

Apple has hired now-former Yves Saint Laurent CEO Paul Deneve to work on "special projects", according to a tweet from Bloomberg technology reporter Adam Satariano. Apple hires former CEO of the fashion house Yves Saint Laurent. Apple says he'll report to CEO Tim Cook on "special projects," not retail — Adam Satariano (@ …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What is that smell? Lilac?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

iPants

Lilac, or any pastel coloured battery powered apple pattern fitted shirt with a rechargeable iWatch battery built in.

Perhaps a pair of iPants (underwear to our US brethren) with a functional recharge chair, eliminating the need of a plug in charger.

The possibilities are endless.

1. Ivan Headache

Re: iPants

With some people I know, a gas-powered generator in their pants would be far more efficient.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"What is that smell?"

"What is that smell? Lilac?"

Lavender.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

New Apple Ad - YSL CEO vs Ballmer

At the Champagne Bar at Galeries Lafayette, the rotund idiot compares his Dick Tracy watch with the iWatch

3. Gray Ham Bronze badge

iSuit?

The iSuit will of course be turned on and off by kicking yourself in the groin ...

1. Esskay
      Joke

Re: iSuit?

I believe apple's legal team already own the rights to the iSuit, and it already more-or-less involves kicking one's self in the groin. Expect to hear from them soon.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: iSuit?

yes, but will they say "you're holding it wrong" ?

4. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

Apple: Leaving tech relevance faster than a neutrino leaves CMS.

5. Ralph B
    IT Angle

Buttons

At least we now know that the new iWatch will have buttons. Plenty of buttons.

6. Fihart

Emperor's new clothes ?

A designer branded iPhone, anyone ? For a further triumph of form over function.

Anyway, been there, done that with LG (or was it Samsung ?) silly designer-name phones and Acer's Ferrari branded laptops.

At least the apparently irrelevant brand-link on JCB and Caterpillar branded phones suggests (and perhaps delivers) ruggedisation.

7. returnmyjedi

Perfect match

Who better to advise to advise Apple on how to further exploit underpaid and underage workers than someone from the fashion industry?

8. Tony Paulazzo

Wouldn't it be funny if the iwatch was a smokescreen and they bring out something truly revolutionary, like a wearable iMac powered by movement. That would be awesome! So it'll probably be an iwatch - boring...

I predicted the tablet would be a success, this will fail (unless its a complete ipad type unit that will transmit wirelessly to a bigger screen / tv output where available).

9. Mitoo Bobsworth
    Unhappy

Oh, God!

iGiveup!

10. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

So that would be ..

yPhones? yWatch? yPads? Attempt at trademarking yFronts?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Everything that has a beginning, has an end..."

And to think, they could have asked Steve Wozniak back ....

1. deadlockvictim

Re: "Everything that has a beginning, has an end..."

Unfortunately our Betters are of the opinion that we should be all be tethered to clouds.

Which is a pity, as I would love to see what Jony Ive and Woz would do to create an Apple IV.

12. Lloyd

YSL is a "chav" brand is it not?

I'm saying nothing about the market for Apple users.

13. Alan Denman

no walled garden stink now

Obviously a full rename to 'The Perfumed Garden' is on order.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like