back to article Salesforce and Oracle bury hatchet in historic cloud partnership

Salesforce.com and Oracle are to integrate their clouds at application, platform and infrastructure levels, the companies announced today. Salesforce is standardising on Oracle Linux, Exadata hardware, the Oracle Database and Java Middleware. Oracle will integrate Salesforce.com with Oracle's Fusion HCM and Financial Cloud. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nate Amsden

what does this mean for postgres?

Did salesforce kill that project with this? They made some news a while back about hiring for postgres

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/34A8F8ED87896E4AA4134EED4728E31BD7586BC164@EXSFM-MB02.internal.salesforce.com

"We are hiring 5 Database Engineers this year and 40-50 people next year for a huge PostgreSQL project @ Salesforce.com"

Not that I am a customer of theirs or care really, just curious

2. ecofeco Silver badge

Is it just me?

Uh oh.

3. Roo
    Windows

I'm curious to see what happens when someone tries smashing these two train wrecks together, this should be fun to watch from very far away. Best of luck to the poor sods who have to make it work.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Bring on the storm

IIRC, when two clouds collide you get a thunderstorm ...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meh

Fusion was shit anyway - Oracle have been trying to sort it out for almost a decade!

Oracle don't get "The Cloud" or SaaS - it just doesn't fit in their world view

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like