back to article Speaking in Tech: We find someone who hasn't heard of Prof Brian Cox

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise Once again it's time for the weekly Speaking in Tech podcast, hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela - although this week Sarah is hiding. So it's just Ed and Greg with special guest Ben Kepes - the well-known tech evangelist, investor, commentator and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. OzBob
    Stop

NZ spying

(Not the off-reference in the James Bond movie "Goldeneye" to a spying base in NZ)

The place is called Waihopai (pronounced Why-hope-eye) and it intercepts communications and contributes them to the "global war on terror". NZ does not have too cosy a relationship with the US since the 80s when they banned all Nuclear powered Ships from visiting (the Kiwi Luddites were afraid of a meltdown in the harbour) so any spying is not on their behalf but forwarded on anyway to try and win some good graces back.

The vandals that deflated the dome claimed they were acting in reasonable belief that they were preventing people in Iraq from suffering (seriously!) and found some nut-job judge to agree with them and acquit them. So the NZ government is currently trying to reclaim costs from them.

PS. When you climb the range of hills at the north of the valley these Domes are in (as I have done), they look like Mint Imperials from a distance.

2. Jim84

It would be really really useful if this podcast where divided into skippable sections as a lot of music podcasts are so you can skip through the songs they play.

Not to be rude, but I am not always interested in everything you guys have to say, but then have to spend time searching for the bit I am interested in (easier said than done).

Keep up the good work.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

We find someone who hasn't heard of Prof Brian Cox

and that is simply amazing .... picture the world as this beach I standing on with each grain of sand representing a person then this shows have everyone in the world has heard of me just as every grain of sand on this beach can see me ... except for a small patch behind that rock over there.

1. LPF
      Thumb Up

Too think that you posted this AC and therefore cannot take credit for a hundred coffee/tea/soft drink ruined keyboards :)

4. PeterM42
    FAIL

Prof Brian.....

WHO!?!?!?!?!?!?

Never heard of him.

5. Maharg
    Happy

We find someone who hasn't heard of Prof Brian Cox

Don’t worry Brian, remember, Things Can Only Get Better…

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Because of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2tUXuRHdFQ

This topic is closed for new posts.