back to article Google is Europe's most visited site

A survey of internet usage across Europe reveals that Google is the region's most popular website in every country except Sweden and Norway. The average European spent 24.1 hours online during the month of April. Most visited sites were Google, Microsoft, then Yahoo!. Russia's most visited sites were YANDEX.ru, MAIL.ru, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dan Dietzer

Implication

Does this imply then we Americans are a group of "Yahoos"?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Europeans?

Why do you speak of Europeans as a nation? It's a geographic continent. If you're going to refer to 'Europeans', then you should refer to North Americans, not 'Americans'.

3. Stephen Gazard

implications for brits

Either we're thicker than the average european, or we read longer pages. If we spend the most time online, by only a small margin, then similar nationalities ought to have similar numbers of pages read. The swedes, who spend less time online read a whopping third more pages.

Kind of suggests that literacy in England is not what it used to be

4. Dillon Pyron

Only 34 hours?

I spend a hell of a lot more time. Of course, I get paid to do that (but not read the Reg, hmmmph).

La la la, waiting for a test to run. I'm working and goofing off at the same time.

5. Jasmine Strong

Obvious implication

The obvious implication is that British users have slower internet connections than Swedish ones, since they took longer to look at fewer pages than their Swedish rivals.

6. Heinz

Google it!

So, Europe is a 'region' now is it?

I always thought it was a continent!

Silly me.

7. Sean Aaron

Europe is a continent in a geological sense only

If I look on a map it looks more like a peninsula of Asia. If not for plate tectonics it wouldn't meet the definition of continent.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

only 34 hours 2

with how slow the internet is in the uk i am not surprised that we spend longest on line :P

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like