back to article Doctor Who? 12th incarnation sought after Matt Smith quits

Matt Smith has announced he'll be handing over the keys to the Tardis at the end of this year, leaving Doctor Who fans plenty of time to speculate over just who will step into the Time Lord's shoes. Smith will bow out in a "spectacular" 2013 Christmas special, after four years as the 11th Doctor. He said: "Doctor Who has been …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

New Dr.

Is John Hurt too obvious?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: New Dr.

It's a very demanding show to work on. Long days and lots of night shoots. Not sure if I was his age I'd want to do it long term. I have first hand info that one recent short lived Doctor found it very hard going.

1. Sir Runcible Spoon

Apparently since the current Dr. knows who he is (the Hurt character) it is a past re-incarnation that didn't quite fit into the 'Dr' persona.

1. PatientOne

I believe Mr Hurt was the 'unseen' Doctor - the one who saw to the destruction of the Daleks and caused the timelords to be lost in time/space. That is why he was locked away within the Doctor's memories: He did the unthinkable and so is the greatest shame of the Doctor.

So yes, he's a previous incarnation and that throws out the 12th Doctor concept: Matt Smith is the current incarnation but while the 12th to play the Doctor, he is the unspecified incarnation on the Doctor's life.

It's all timey-wimey, I'm sure.

1. Alan Brown Silver badge

"Matt Smith is the current incarnation but while the 12th to play the Doctor, he is the unspecified incarnation on the Doctor's life."

Correct. In some versions of the canon, the Doctor absorbed the regeneration energy of the Time Lords during the end of the Time Wars and had passed through a large number of regenerations before reappearing in the current series (there's also the issue of one villain in earlier series being an older, eviller incarnation of the Doctor.)

In any case, it's been stated that the John Hurt regeneration _didn't_ do what he did in the name of the Doctor. His introduction is a good hint about where the series is likely to go though.

1. Charles 9

I only get into Doctor Who recently but have begun to get more familiar with the inner plots and so on of one of the most intricate television series still to air.

To describe John Hurt as a previous "Doctor," and given the increased focus on the Doctor himself (and his past) during Matt Smith's time ("The Pandorica Opens" and "The Name of the Doctor", for starters), I would imagine Series 8 (which will now include the 11th official Regeneration) is going to start getting seriously edgy. I have to wonder if the Doctor won't just end up crossing his own timeline (again) but end up ENTANGLED in it (as in, given no choice but to crisscross it again and again). That would make for a plot where practically anything goes. Any bets?

2. geekguy
            Thumb Up

John hurt could be the Valeyard.. The Valeyard wasn't a full reincarnation he was somewhere betweeen the 12th and final regeneration, and the doctor has always worried he has the potential to become that person.

2. Psyx
        Pint

"It's a very demanding show to work on."

My heart bleeds.

Giz a job. I can do that.

1. 0765794e08
          Alert

If he’s got the stamina, I think Bill Nighy would make a great Doctor. I think we need an ‘older’ Doctor next time round - Matt Smith was too boyish and petite. They might as well have cast a sperm in the role.

If Nighy could bring the same intensity and vibrancy to the role as he did for Victor (a vampire) in the Underworld films, it could make the Doctor a darker, more fearsome character. As opposed to the rather soppy, underwhelming portrayal by Matt Smith.

1. SleepyJohn
            Pint

Re: New Dr - "might as well have cast a sperm in the role"

Quite. As a wise, deep-thinking but eccentric 900 year-old Time Lord he would make a very good spoilt teenage brat on a moronic American family sitcom. Throw in the ludicrous 'prepubertal' Pond and the show became totally unwatchable for me. I had hopes for Clara as she seemed interesting, but has so far acted like Pond playing the Cheshire Cat. The recent sighting of the truly wondrous Mrs Who has persuaded me to watch again; perhaps she will return now that her husband's Babbling Teenage American Idiot phase is finally over. Whatever replaces this please let it be a Doctor with depth and edge and intellect. And properly eccentric rather than just fatuous.

Or has this whole period been a sort of 450 year flashback to the Time Lord's Medallion-Man Mid-Life Crisis, and I have completely missed the subtlety of it?

1. Chris King

Re: New Dr - "might as well have cast a sperm in the role"

If they pick another young actor, how long before he/she starts asking the Cybermen for a Farley's Rusk ?

2. lurker

@ 0765794e08

Bill Nighy - yes please! Unfortunately I think we're going to see another young doctor because they seem pretty settled on having romantic overtones between every doctor and assistant pairing nowadays.

2. g e

Too much knees-bent-running-around for Hurt I fear.

3. Shagbag

Is John Hurt still alive?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: New Dr. @Shagbag

"Is John Hurt still alive?"

Going by his web page, Wikipedia and IMDB - yes.

4. Furbian
      Go

I for one would look forward to Mr. Hurt as the doctor. I envisage 3 paths. 'Alien - Kane', 12th Time Lord is the thing that bursts out, starts killing all civilisation with the Tardis, even the Dalek turn into refugees, that enter an alliance with the humans. 'V for Vendetta - Sutler', comes to Earth takes over the 3rd Reich, leads it to victory, humans then spread through the galaxy, 'purifying' it in a reign of tyranny, not unlike 'In a mirror, darkly – Enterprise’. Last but not least, '1984 Winston' captured and brainwashed by Ingsoc, isn’t sure if he’s with the Daleks or against them, ends up wiping out humanity with them, realises this to be a mistake, gets rid of Dalek’s and Cybermen too, more atonement and just making sure. Ends up sad and lonely, shoots self, expressing love for Big Brother.

5. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Some people need to realise this is only a TV program..... It's science FICTION folks.

Still I will miss Matt Smith as he has been one one the better Doctors, in my view better than Tennant and in a par with Eccleston.

1. Stuart Duel

Worst Doctor ever!

6. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The next one will be an ethnically and politically correct Doctor and a woman.......

2. Anonymous Coward
    Gimp

Pertwee

They'd never do it, but go and look at a recent picture of Sean Pertwee. He's the absolute spitting image of his Dad (less hair) when he first took on the role.

1. SteveK

Re: Pertwee

BBC News article does mention Sean Pertwee as being a possibility. Then again they also do list Tom Cruise and Billie Piper as (admittedly more remote) possibilities, so perhaps they're just pulling names out of a hat!

1. g e

Tom Cruise? _REALLY_?

Bloody hell, are they trying to get everyone to save electricity by turning the box off?

1. GitMeMyShootinIrons
          Trollface

Tom Cruise - discards his sonic screwdriver in favour of his laser-bright cheesy grin. Blasting around space/time crowing "I feel the need - the need for speed". Scary.

(Troll icon as it too has a cheesy grin....)

1. Spleen

And jumping on the Tardis' sofa. Actually, Matt Smith does sometimes remind me of the bonkers Scientology Tom Cruise when he's off on one of his irritatingly twee "Humans are brilliant!" moments.

2. Colin Brett
            Coat

I've had this conversation before, in a pub after several beers.

If you want a gritty, "gets sh1t done" Doctor, I elect Philip Glenister (aka Gene Hunt). Despite the mass hilarity which ensued, the idea coincides with an older, tougher Doctor with fewer "emo" issues.

Also: the Tardis could become an Audi Quattro.

<<< Mine's the flame-retardant one.

Colin

1. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

> I elect Philip Glenister

I concur. It would certainly be different.

2. g e
      Go

I was gonna post 'Sean Pertwee' but as you beat me to it....

He'd make a superb gritty badass Doctor for sure, though I think he was offered the job around the tennant (maybe smith) selection time and wasn't up for it.

Anyway the bigwigs in production will want someone who can appeal to the yoof and won't want anyone getting duffed up by a gritty Pertwee (Tom Baker was the most physical Doctor IIRC and that was like 30+ years ago).

Grint and Tovey. Not Doctor material. Though nor was Sylvester McCoy...

3. vmistery

A bit of older school writing wouldn't go amiss either. the new episodes try too hard to be deep and meaningful, far too happy clappy for my tastes. Perhaps I am old? Perhaps I should be the new Doctor!

3. EddieD

12th?

I thought that 12 was the limit...

1. Idocrase

Re: 12th?

More than 13 is POSSIBLE just inadvisable according to WHo lore. The master was up to 15 or 16 at least.

1. PatientOne

As i recall, Romana could regenerate indefinitely and at will without problem, and did so for vanity's sake.

The Doctor also held the presidential post, complete with the scepter et al that the Master then stole in order to reset his regenerations (Dr Who and the Deadly Assassin was the story, I believe, or at least was part of the story chain). So even according to WHO lore, 13 and beyond is quite possible, and there is a very easy fudge to allow for Dr Who to continue regenerating for as long as the show is popular and still hold true to the old WHO lore.

1. Charles 9

Nevertheless, the Who lore puts twelve regenerations as the measuring stick for Time Lords. But due credit to good writing with intentional vagueness. Going back to "Trial of a Time Lord", I recall the Master describing the Valeyard as having formed somewhere between the Doctor's 12th and final incarnation (a misleading hint—cheeky, but I like it). There is a lot of hints and so on (some from the Doctor himself) that the Doctor's incarnation limit is somewhere greater than 12. But given the lore, I would think they're going to start flirting with the thought more and more as time passes: perhaps increasingly dropping clues and tidbits. I'm pretty sure such tidbits will be a draw for any serious fan.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

River poured all her unused regeneration energy into him. We don't know exactly what it did. He'll pass 13 on that excuse.

1. SleepyJohn
              Thumb Up

Re: 12th? Dr Song?

Perhaps it will enable him to regenerate as a sharp, sexy, fascinating, highly intelligent woman, which will make a refreshing change after four years as a babbling, witless, teenaged American Soap Opera Idiot.

1. SleepyJohn

Re: 12th? Dr Song?

This was supposed to be in reply to Mycho further up the thread.

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Not quite. Romana was in the process of regeneration during that episode, so she had not yet completed the process, and was able to change. After a short period of time, she was "locked in" to her choice.

It's the same idea as a later episode, where the Doctor's hand is cut off right after he regenerates. He then claims that because he's within 24 hours of the regeneration, he is "lucky" and regrows the missing hand.

2. Tom 13

Re: More than 13 is POSSIBLE just inadvisable according to WHo lore.

They're about to run into a real life time paradox problem. Way back when Colin Baker was The Doctor it was established that the 13th (last according to canon at the time) incarnation was every bit as evil as the Master. And that he'd been offered all the previous regenerations if he could convict Baker in Trial of a Time Lord.

Not that this sort of problem is exactly new. After all, nobody could ever possibly need more than 640KB of memory on a computer, or even more than a couple dozen computers in the whole world. And after their brilliant idea of regeneration to bring in a new actor, who could possibly need another 11 actors for the role?

1. Charles 9

Re: More than 13 is POSSIBLE just inadvisable according to WHo lore.

@Tom 13: Going back to "Trial of a Time Lord", I wish to clarify that scene. You're describing the Valeyard, which according to the Master was "an amalgamation" of the darkest aspects of the Doctor's nature. It's not so much an incarnation of the Doctor but rather some kind of offshoot (like the Doctor clone produced from the severed hand). Furthermore, the Master's description of the Valeyard's genesis was left very subtly vague: "somewhere between your 12th and final incarnations." Note there was no number given to the "final" incarnation. The regeneration to Twelve simply means the Valeyard's genesis could emerge at any time beyond that point, though I would think for the sake of canon continuity the question of his origins will be addressed sooner rather than later: if not in this incarnation then in the next one.

2. SteveK

12 regenerations, i,e. 13 'lives' apparently. That said, I'm sure they'll find time paradox loopholes and magical gadgets to reset ...

My memory is hazy on the early series, but wasn't one of the Doctor's regenerations stolen by the Master, and another, future, regeneration some evil entity?

1. Richard Wharram

The Valeyard was the evil end of the Doctor. The 13th I believe.

They'll Deus Ex it out :)

3. JimmyPage Silver badge
      Thumb Up

@EddieD

thanks for saying that - I thought it was just me that thought that.

Back in the 70s/80s, wasn't the reason given for the Masters terrifying appearance (the story where the Doctor goes back to Gallifrey to run for president) that he had forced regenerations, and gone beyond his 12th ?

Presumably the 12-limit regeneration will go the way of the prime directive ....

1. Tom 260

Re: @EddieD

Since all the other Time Lords are dead/trapped in the void, they'll find some MacGuffin related to that to let him carry on regardless.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Gimp

Re: @EddieD

It's not a hard limit anyway. Go back to The Five Doctors and the Timelords were going to give The Master a new "set" of regenerations.

Also the "barkers" have long debated the meaning of the mind battle sequence in The Brain Of Morbius. Are the faces shown pre-Hartnell regenerations or previous regenerations of Morbius? It's unclear and used to get the fanboys quite worked up on Usenet!

4. Bod

The limit was lifted in a comment on one of the Sarah Jane Adventures as I remember. Basically said he could regenerate hundreds of times now.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

507 I believe.

4. Richard Jukes

I've said it before.

And I will say it again, NODDY HOLDER! HE WOULD BE GREAT!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I've said it before.

[fx: TARDIS materialises into a snowy, Victorian London.]

[TARDIS doors are flung open from inside and the Doctor looks out]

Dr. W.: It's CHRIIISSSTTTMMMAAASSS!

1. Nick Ryan Silver badge

Re: I've said it before.

Oh no... and it's not even Friday.

My prediction, as ever, is "Yet Another Rubber Faced" loon. Like the previous few.

Noddy Holder would make it special though!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And of course tumblr and twitter have already decided that it must be an african-american lesbian transgender furry otherkin who must fill the role and must stay in the role forever otherwise their poor widdle feelings will be hurt. Anyone else is cisfascist scum.

1. Johnnydub
      FAIL

This!

What's the betting that for crappy "diversity's" sake it's going to be Floella Benjamin ... or worse still Whoopi Goldberg...

2. Justice
      Joke

My choice...

Black, female and enough to satisfy BBC 'Murica... my choice would be Sweet Brown.

'Daleks? Sweet Baby Jesus. Ain't nobody got time 'fo that.'

6. TheProf
    Alert

The new Doctor

My prediction for the new Doctor: someone you can't put a name to but you'll go 'oh! I know him, he was in the background of that programme we watched last year.'

1. Shagbag
      Holmes

A black Doctor

Isn't it about time the BBC gave us a black female Doctor?

The role's been a white, caucasion male too many times.

Diamond Jackson gets my vote. She can act (I've seen her do it on the internet).

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: A black Doctor

So long as she's ginger... he's been waiting to be ginger for 11 lifetimes.

2. wikkity
        Unhappy

Re: Diamond Jackson

How about a NSFW warning next time!

3. GitMeMyShootinIrons
        Meh

Black female Doctor. Why don't we go with a disability and non-heterosexual too and get all the minorities covered off in one go?

Trying to do too many changes in one go might appease the Politically Correct brigade (so fits Auntie Beeb well, I suppose) but from a storyline perspective, sounds a bit contrived - change for changes sake is not always a good thing.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Hold on, the Doctor has been heterosexual?

4. Maharg

There have been a number of black males been mentioned, none of which I would have a problem with, in the case of Ashley Walters (who will always been known as Asher D to me) he has ticked all the boxes in terms of British actor, Grange Hill, the Bill, a couple of big parts in small films and small parts in big films as well as doing Shakespeare on stage, So I think he fits the bill quite well, he can act and my bring a bit of ‘grit’ to the doctor (as long as they don’t turn him into a cockney “gansta” as he has been cast as before).

I have no issue with him being black, but for some reason a women is a push, after all that would raise all sorts of questions around River Song.

As for an American… No.

7. Efros
    Pint

Has to be Billie Piper

Purely on the basis of Alex Kingston and Billie Piper getting jiggy with it will bust the ratings!

1. NogginTheNog
      Thumb Down

Re: Has to be Billie Piper

Please please PLEASE NO MORE OF THE HAMSTER FACED GURNER! Sick to death enough with all that moony lost-love guff whenever she turned up!

1. Ugotta B. Kiddingme

Re: Has to be Billie Piper

Agreed! The ONE thing that will cause me to immediately cease watching is if Billie Piper is the new Doctor. As much as I absolutely despised whiny Adric, I'd rather see Matthew Waterhouse as the new Doctor than Piper. And, just to be perfectly clear, I really do NOT want to see Waterhouse on the show, in ANY sort of recurring role.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Please not Russell Tovey

I couldn't stand that voice

1. Anonymous Custard

Re: Please not Russell Tovey

Ditto Olivia Coleman, for similar reasons. But the role going female could have some plot interest, with a decent capable actress filling it. But then no doubt it'd end up paired with some gung-ho male companion to ruin things, after the obligatory "awkward moment" with River Song (hopefully without quite as much Russell Davies-style overplaying it).

Some good suggestions flying around (again), Sean Pertwee and Idris Elba would both make for a nice change of pace after the "excentric loons" of Smith and Tennant. Back more towards the more somber playing of Ecclestone and indeed the original character from the beginning (Hartnell).

2. This post has been deleted by its author

9. Anonymous Custard

It's also a shame that they've made both David Thewless and Richard E Grant such focal characters in the recent past, as both would be very good in the main role (see Grant's audio/radio work in the role for example). Not to say that it's a no-go to still use them (after all Colin Baker was a one-off character in one of the episodes before taking the main role - not that he was much good in it in either case).

It'd also be nice if they stopped re-re-reusing the plot cliche about the companion being someone "special" to the universe and reality (as almost all of the recent ones seem to have been, except Martha) and just have them go back to being assistant/plot explanation foil/action stunt double.

Also are we now probably due an episode with the next last-last-last-last-last Dalek, another plot that's been recycled more than the Doctor has.

1. Rufusstan
      Gimp

its the face not the person.

They could use anyone they wanted as the next doctor, no matter whatever the actor's previous history in the series. The precedent in series lore is a bit sketchy but is there.

Back in the 60s, they wanted Lala Ward to take over Romana, even though she had a major part in the previous series. She regenerates, and despite everything that has happened before or since, basically chose her new appearance.

That suggests that the Doctor could do the same if the writers wanted him to, they'd just need to provide an in-universe reason for him to do it, since up to now, as is his personality, he tends to 'wing it'.

10. Code Monkey
    Windows

I prefer Doctor Who with more scarves and less shouting.

1. Matthew 3

and more jelly babies.

11. alain williams Silver badge

Georgia Moffett

She was the fictional Doctor's daughter and in real live is daughter of the 5th Dr and spouse of the 10th Doctor.

A quick reminder

1. Alan Brown Silver badge

Re: Georgia Moffett

um, no. That would be the ultimate TV incest

2. Paw Bokenfohr

She is TV Sci-Fi Royalty (remember, her mum, Sandra Dickinson, is Trillian from Hitchhikers) so would get my vote if only she hadn't played the Doctors Daughter already.

3. Alex C

Yep - more of her please - she had great potential. I rather wished they'd built her up a bit more so they could hand the keys to the Tardis over to her when the Doctor finally had it 12 regenerations, though part of the depth of him has always been his great age and tortured past so she'd need something to give her gravitas - could be a fun reboot though.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Paterson Joseph

Would be awesome!

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Jenna-Louise Coleman

Well, the show's writers have already re-written the whole of Dr Who's backstory to crowbar her character into his 'timestream' - might as well go the whole hog and have her as him anyway.

Perhaps she can simultaneously be the master as well? Nothing they could do would make less sense than the current plots.

1. Anonymous Custard
      Joke

Re: Jenna-Louise Coleman

A Fistful of Doctors - to borrow a plot from ST:TNG...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

What is the proper term for a collection of Doctors?

Herd of sheep

Murder of crows

??? of Doctors?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: What is the proper term for a collection of Doctors?

Surgery?

2. bitmap animal
      Thumb Up

Re: Jenna-Louise Coleman

I was pondering that too, she is after all "the impossible girl"

14. King Jack
    Thumb Up

Pull the plug

End this now and bring back Blake's 7.

1. JimmyPage Silver badge
      Stop

Re: Pull the plug

Er ... haven't they already ?

1. Bod

Bunch of yanks are supposedly remaking Blake's 7 yes, though high probability it won't make it past a pilot if even that, and even if it was made it will be utter crap.

2. Horridbloke
        Unhappy

I wouldn't take any notice of that, it's a rare year indeed when nobody threatens to resurrect Blake's 7.

2. veti Silver badge
      Childcatcher

Blake's 7 has already been rebooted once, with considerable success in every department bar commercially - it was called 'Firefly'.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Helen Mirren

If they're going to go for a gender change, she'd bring a whole new level of class to the part, and as for the 'married to River Song' thing...

1. veti Silver badge

Re: Helen Mirren

Obviously, River Song can regenerate as, I dunno, Martin Clunes or someone.

Or they could have a same-sex marriage, and check off yet another box on the PC Lotto card.

16. graeme leggett Silver badge

Leaked

From what I've heard (via RFS) this news announcement was forced on the Beeb because an internal email leaked outside BBC Worldwide, and then got mentioned through the usual Twitter etc....

17. Chris Long
    Holmes

Sherlock

I remember thinking a couple of years ago that Matt Smith as Dr Who and Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes could very well have been cast the other way round; I'd like to see Cumberbatch as the Doctor, even if it was a one-off. I guess it would be harder to have Holmes 'regenerate' as Matt Smith, though...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

Re: Sherlock

I was thinking of Cumberbatch too, could imagine him as the Doctor. He has the quirky / genius / eccentric English gentleman about him, and suits long coats.

However, it may look too close to Sherlock, unfortunately.

1. Reading Your E-mail
        Thumb Up

Thirded, having seem him play Khan and Sherlock I think it would work really well, but I guess they won't use either of the main Sherlock characters as they couldn't write them out nor fulfill both filming schedules if they didn't.

2. lurker

Stephen Mangan would be another reasonable choice in a somewhat Cumberbatchian vein. Slightly more bonkers, which is always good for a doctor.

18. The Vociferous Time Waster

Russel Tovey

You mean the cabin boy from the titanic served up as jailbait to Captain Jack as a thank you present at the end of Russell Tea Lady's reign as Queen of Who?

Give me Helen Mirren as the Doctor please.

19. lawndart

says:

Gregor Fisher.

Jonathan Pryce.

Both getting on in years now, so may not be up to the schedule.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

Re: says:

Gregor Fisher.

I would always be imagining him about to say

"Cybermen, I will tell ye this...."

Going with Scottish actors, Greg Hemphill might be an interesting choice.

20. Brewster's Angle Grinder Silver badge

David Tennant

If we're speculating wildy, I reckon David Tennant suddenly decided he'd fancy another spin. He's in the 50th anniversary special, so I'm sure we can juggle something.

Otherwise, I'd like to see a contrasting character - someone older, if they can cope with the scedule. Iain Glenn?

21. JDX Gold badge
    Joke

Martin Freeman?

Would be nice to have a black doctor at last

1. Refugee from Windows
      Thumb Up

Re: Martin Freeman?

I'd suggest Lenny Henry for the role, he's done Shakespeare and I would consider him eminently suitable. OooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaY ??

1. ChrisM

Re: Martin Freeman?

Everythings premier but the TARDIS...

2. Tom 13

Re: he's done Shakespeare

Any other Shakespearean actors come to mind?

I think there's something about doing Shakespeare live that lends itself to the roll of The Doctor. Not sure exactly what and why, but it's there in a way that doesn't exist for other playwrights.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

dr normal

can we have a normal person please. BBC need to steer people away from the worship of larger than life eccentric types for everyones sake.

1. hplasm
      Meh

Re: dr normal

Wow. Aren't you dull?

2. The Indomitable Gall

I'm afraid Dr "Centre of the Universe" is the construct of the professional fanfic authors that have been doing the writing since the programme was restarted, rather than the actors in place.

I once read an author saying that he never let himself write a character he liked, because that always ended up with them becoming an unrealistic central focal point of absolutely everything.

Quad erat demonstradem.

3. Vic

> BBC need to steer people away from the worship of larger

For reasons I can't explain, I read that as "lager", and very nearly upvoted you...

Vic.

23. Rupert Stubbs

Simon Russell Beale

One of our finest - and least known on telly - actors. Can do funny, can do clever. You heard it here first.

1. Alpha Tony

Re: Simon Russell Beale

Is he the one that runs the Cafe in Eastenders?

24. Alfred

Johnson from Peep Show, please

By which I mean basically the same character. Same actor, obviously, but the mannerisms and the grin and the borderline insanity.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Johnson from Peep Show, please

That would make it a must see show

25. Richard Wharram

Ideas

A Dalek Doctor

A team of multi-ethnic Doctors

A whole series of evil Doctor

Leprosy Doctor

Doctor Who Nights

Aquatic Doctor who doesn't travel through time but through gravy instead

A Lord of Dance

Homeopathic Doctor (pico-episodes only)

Sexist-letch from the 70s Carry On Doctor

Might be more fun than the last few series to be honest

1. BorkedAgain
      Thumb Up

Re: Ideas

I love the Homeopath and Carry On Doctor ideas. Have an upvote. :)

2. Omgwtfbbqtime
      Thumb Up

I like the Evil Doctor idea - Brad Dourif, Andy Sirkiss or Tim Curry.

1. Uncle Slacky Silver badge
        Stop

Tim Curry's just had a stroke, so he'll be out of the running anyway...

2. The Indomitable Gall

Good or evil, Andy Sirkiss would be great, I reckon.

1. BorkedAgain

I'm sure he would, but could you trust the scriptwriters not to work the word "precious" into the plot somewhere?

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Zombie Who.

I'm so over having him always using his own brains.

26. Mostly_Harmless Silver badge

His Fry-ness?

Has anyone suggested Stephen Fry yet? He seems to get all over the place, and I think he could play this with a certain degree of excentricity without over-the-top lunacy.

1. Gordon 10
      FAIL

Re: His Fry-ness?

Oh dear god no. The man is a charicature of himself.

27. The Dim View
    Angel

Nothing is normal

Where are the John Pertwees and Tom Bakers when they are needed?

28. lorisarvendu
    Happy

12th Doctor already picked

Think about it. If they want a regeneration in the Xmas special then they'll have to start filming by July at the latest. If we're not going to see the 12th Doctor until Series 8, and they want that in April 2014, then they'll have to start filming in Sept this year at the latest. They'll have to announce the 12th Doctor before then, or it'll leak out from fans watching location filming.

The Public announcement of Matt leaving may have just happened, but the BBC will have known about it for months, in order to prepare for Series 8. The 12th Doctor will already have been auditioned and cast, probably way back in January. Matt Smith auditioned and got the role at least 6 months before it was announced in January 2009.

Trust me. The 12th Doctor is already out there, unable to tell anyone he (or she) has got the job.

1. BorkedAgain
      Thumb Up

Re: 12th Doctor already picked

"...The 12th Doctor is already out there, unable to tell anyone he (or she) has got the job."

...and probably reading the forums and thinking "Yeah, Sean Pertwee would be good, actually..."

29. Jemma

The floppy haired ****wit is taking an early bath... Hydrochloric acid would be favourite...

The less said about twerp & twerp-ette the better. Usually I find redheads sexy but shes dimmer than the sidelights on an Austin Cambridge. Telescopes make things big; who knew? The highlight was the well deserved gut shooting scene, but why stop at just one? (one magazine maybe, after all its the BBC budget).

The new sidekick has major possibilities - I think the trope is mother (cave) bear. Kinda like River 'lookee ma, I took out a whole division' Tam without the 'now I feel like Jimmy Saville' guilt..

Hurt & Barrowman - the dynamic that launched a thousand fanfics...

Docs daughter & Riversong - so good it just has to be fattening. I seem to remember somewhere that Tardis are keyed genetically to their operators - "when it get confused it just runs back to momma". The rest is very happy bi-barian teen hordes.. not to mention all those strange people who search movie deaths on youtube... You can off her six ways to sunday and she'll still come back hotter than shami kebab diablo..

1. Lamont Cranston

Do you need a lie down?

A cup of tea wouldn't hurt, either.

2. Vic

> dimmer than the sidelights on an Austin Cambridge

I'm nicking that. That's excellent.

Vic.

30. Alpha Tony

What about..

..Travis Richey just to mess with Community fans?

31. Andy Miller

Fountain of Youth

The Doctor is getting younger. My money is on Tyger Drew-Honey

1. JimmyPage Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Re: Fountain of Youth

or his Mum ;)

1. lorisarvendu
        Thumb Up

Dear me yes. She was a naughty girl in her day!

2. Jim jimminy jim jim jim jim
      Coat

or Jaden Pinkett-Smith. just as long as his Dad gets a cameo & Jaden gets to say "oh hell no!"

sorry, mines the one with the soon to be out of date sonic screwdriver in the pocket

32. Jelliphiish
    Coat

It's already decided

Warren Ellis said it was going to be him yesterday..

1. kain preacher

Re: It's already decided

It's Hugh_Laurie https://www.facebook.com/HughLaurieDoctorWho

33. Bod

8th series could be something very different

With enthusiasm flagging over the quality this season and BBC seem to be getting weary of the show judging by their lack of enthusiasm for the 50th anniversary or even producing an 8th series (still no sign of episodes going into production and The Mill have quit doing effects, so what chance of episodes any time before the end of 2014?), I suspect a reboot or big reset button at least and we could be looking at a different approach to the show. Maybe not even a 12th (13th if you count Hurt) Doctor. Maybe a total reboot back to the 1st. Maybe not a regeneration as we know it, or maybe jump back and do the time war. Could even just kill The Doctor and launch a new series of adventures following another character (gives them more excuse to go with a female obviously).

Though, I'd still go with Hugh, but he'd cost too much and is too well known.

http://aardvarkian.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/doctorwhohouse.jpg

1. lorisarvendu
      Happy

Re: 8th series could be something very different

How do you know there's no sign of Series 8 yet? Just because they're not filming yet doesn't mean it's not on the way. Series 5 was filmed in Sept 2009 and subsequently broadcast in April 2010. Plenty of time for an April 2014 start. The Christmas special has yet to be filmed. Expect that to start around July this year.

And whose enthusiasm is flagging for the series exactly? Final viewer ratings are on a par with Series 2, 3, 5 & 6, and as for the 50th...an Anniversary special and the docudrama "An Adventure In TIme & Space"?

2. OrsonX
      FAIL

Re: following another character

they already did a lame spin-off with that gay bloke and Gladlys Hughes' accented girl.

it was lame.

"oooh boyo, another time riff in the taff valley"

34. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Jason Statham

...gets my vote.

You always know what you're getting with Statham. And the last series has been pretty poor so would be good to shake it up a bit.

35. Jim Carter

Completely outside the box here

But how about Phil Glenister?

1. graeme leggett Silver badge

Re: Completely outside the box here

why not, his brother was in Caves of Androzani.

1. NogginTheNog
        Meh

"why not, his brother was in Caves of Androzani."

And..? If that counted for anything then much of the British acting establishment of the last 40 years has been in the show some point.

2. Uncle Slacky Silver badge
      Thumb Up

"Fire up the TARDIS!"

1. Francis Boyle Silver badge

While I shove this Dalek headfirst into a toilet bowl

Nah, it'll never work. You've got to leave some Daleks alive.

36. RainForestGuppy

Guest Doctor

Perhaps they should do what Have I got news for you and Buzzcocks did when they couldn't get a permanent host and just have a different Doctor each week, it could throw up some interesting possibilities...

Wrrp Wrrp

Exterior shot of Tardis.

Door opens

A mass of white hair pops out.

"err I say I'm the Mayor of Lon... err err sorry no I'm not, I'm that other fellow, err What, no, Whether, whence err Who, that's the chap I'm Mr Who."

37. Magister
    Joke

Slightly off the wall

How about Simon Callow? (No not Simon Cowell - this guy http://www.simoncallow.com/) Although possibly not quite physically fit enough; he definitely has the acting creds.

If they want a nod to the non-caucasian background, how about Alexander Siddiq; he did really well in a number of different films and he at least has the right accent.

Or why not go the whole hog and offer it to Omid Djalili? Now he really could play the part!

1. Brewster's Angle Grinder Silver badge

Re: Slightly off the wall

Your downvote for Calllow (he's been in it as Dickens, anyway) and upvote for Siddiq cancelled.

2. Rob 5
      Thumb Up

Alexander Siddiq's a pretty good idea, now that I think about it. He's even already played a doctor, in STDS9.

I met him, once, in an airport lounge - very nice bloke.

3. TeeCee Gold badge
      Happy

Just looked up Siddiq on IMDB for the hell of it, as I reckon he'd be a good candidate for the job:

Birth Name: Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi

Nickname: Sid

I couldn't read the rest, the surreal contrast there reduced me to incoherent giggling.

38. cnapan
    Pint

Can they change the tardis too?

It is very hard to clean in its current manifestation, and there are some serious health and safety issues that need sorting out, not to mention the lack of step-free access to the controls(*)

(* Yes, I know, that was the primary defence against Daleks taking control of it but apparently they can fly now (the very thought... ridiculous!)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Can they change the tardis too?

I liked the car radiator expansion bottle in the previous version of the interior. I especially liked the way the water level remained perfectly flat whilst the actors flung themselves around the set as the Tardis was supposedly hurled around, but visibly danced whenever Matt banged on the controls a bit too energetically. :-)

Made me all nostalgic for the wobbly sets of yore.

39. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

nemesis

He is responsible for the death of millions or something. The jokey metro sexual persona is all wrong for that.

We need someone menacing.

Alan Ford and his big glasses telling people he is their nemesis gets my vote.

40. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Richard Ayoade

That is all.

41. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

or Julian Barratt

The post is required, and must contain letters.

42. Mark123
    Alien

How about

Ray Park? He could actually kick an ass or two instead of waving that bloody screwdriver all over the place!

No need for over the top acting, just make it a round-house-fest.

If they want to go older and more sedate then it would have to be Patrick Stewart.

43. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

glad he's going he's starting to become Sylvester McCoy'ish, the whole show is getting a little pathetic. I wish they'd bring back the old format with episodes running over several weeks.

A few doctors ago my brother and law had my wife going for ages that the new Dr was going to be Joe Pasquale!

44. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

David Mitchell (or Jack Dee)

I'd love to see a socially awkward, or depressed/sarcastic doctor. For the same reason I think Richard Ayoade's character in the IT crowd would be great too.

45. Derichleau
    Happy

Cheggers Plays Doc

How about Keith Chegwin as the Doc and Maggie Philbin as his sidekick.

46. Afflicted.John
    Stop

Stringvest Time

OK. Bowties are cool: Done.

Scarves: done to death.

Leather jacket: done

Pervy suit and Cons: done.

String. Vest. The Doctor will be Rabb C Nesbitt.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Stringvest Time

Dr Wha?

47. Haku
    Devil

Justin Bieber for the next doctor!

Only because I'd love to see the fans have a complete meltdown, the rantings and outcries online would be stellar :D

1. Andy Miller

Re: Justin Bieber for the next doctor!

Nah, Matt Smith has already done the turning up late bit....

48. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nick Frost

Please let us have a fat doctor, like Nick Frost

49. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Alan Sugar - complete with a summary of how his companions & enemies did each week.

Brendan Gleeson

Jean Reno

Ben Whishaw

Papa Smurf

Kate Beckinsale

Hugh Laurie

50. DJO Silver badge

Non-Human?

Sick of human doctors, how about a Dalek Doctor, that would be rather entertainingly dichotomus.

51. mark jacobs
    Happy

My vote is for ...

... Martin Freeman. If he's in and they keep the Doctor's current assistant (meeeowww!), I'll be watching future shows avidly.

52. The elephant in the room

Someone who can do action and philosophie...

Eric Cantona

- He's not speaking with a French accent - its a tenure-long glitch with the Tardis's translation maguffin

53. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I vote Frankie Boyle

54. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Eddie Izzard

'nuff said.

Unlikely to come to pass, I suspect, since he's viewed as a more 'serious' actor nowadays (he's still bloody funny, though)

55. Cliff

Robert Carlyle

I mean, c'mon, how awesome would he be?

56. J.G.Harston Silver badge

The Doctor can't be female unless you disassemble him to his constituent DAN and remove the Y-chromosomes - as done to create his clone "daughter".

I'd quite like to see Don Warrington as the Doctor. He had a brief appearance in Red Dwarf, and I can easily imagine him in the TARDIS.

1. lorisarvendu
      Thumb Up

Well according to the Doctor in "The Doctor's Wife" his fellow Time Lord, the Corsair, regularly changed sex.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Indeed, but from that Doctor's tone that wasn't a normal thing. Probably takes some obscure circumstances, that the Corsair, being the Corsair, actively sought out to try the woman thing for a while.

57. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

....as begbie.

58. JDubya
    Trollface

It will be...

Miranda.

1. Paw Bokenfohr

Re: It will be...

Miranda Hart? Could totally see her as the doctor.

Or even better, Sue Perkins. Just got that hint of androgyny, if she dresses right, to smooth the transition.

59. I can see my house from up here on the cloud

DCI Gene Hunt (Philip Glenister)

Ahhhh I can see it now ... Doctor "Gene Hunt" striding into the lair of the Cybermen, sitting down on a chair with his feet up on the console and saying to the Cyberleader ...

"Cup of tea, sugar, plenty of milk and my biscuit of choice is the garibaldi."

His trusty assistant Miss Bollinger Knickers by his side.

Fire up the TARDIS!

60. Richard Wharram

Andy Whitfield?

Oh wait, no. Liam McIntyre.

Actually, John Hannah in full-on Batiatus mode would be fab.

1. Richard Wharram

Re: Andy Whitfield?

"Racillon's cock!"

"Stop trying to stick cock in arse Dalek or I will remove sink plunger and beat Dalekanium hide to bloody pulp with it."

*fondle assistant's breasts*

61. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cut out the middle man

Just cast Neil Gaiman in the role and let him do whatever. The Who singularity will have finally happenned.

62. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

OK, what about

Scene: the current Doctor is dying, and need to regenerate.

Slowly, he blurs out.

Cut to the face of his current traveling companion(s), as their concern shifts rapidly to horror.

Cut to the new Doctor - Larry the Cable Guy

"Git 'er done!"

Smash cut - interior, TARDIS, the Doctor's bedroom.

The current Doctor sits bolt upright, hyperventilating. He leaps from the bed and runs to a mirror.

"Thank Rassilon - it was just a dream."

(if they REALLY wanted to be evil, maintain the charade just long enough to really work up a lather among the faithful.)

1. Tom 13
      Devil

Re: OK, what about

As a crazy 'Merkin, normally I'd say the new Doctor needs to be from the British Aisles, or at the very least an Aussie. But for Larry the Cable guy...Yeah, go for it.

63. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Danny Dyer

Uh, hello?

A shoe-in. Cheeky, tough, human. Local.

I'd love to see him smashing Cybermen across their canisters.

64. Reading Your E-mail
    Coat

Radical Idea

How about Justin Bieber as the Dr ;)

65. Stevie

Nah,

Clara should turn out to be the next doctor.

66. Spleen

It will be one of:

Julie Graham

Miranda Hart

Olivia Coleman

Claire Balding

whether you like it or not.

67. Anonymous Custard

A random thought

How about Mathew Bayton (from Horrible Histories, and a few other bits and bobs)?

It's about the one programme the superb HH hasn't "done" yet, so would fit in nicely along with all the time-travel stuff already in character...

68. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Peter Serafinowicz

<--- this.

1. Mayor Boris

Re: Peter Serafinowicz

Thought you meant Jerry Sadowitz there for a minute. How good would that be?

69. Robin Bradshaw
    Thumb Up

Brian Blessed

obviously with an evil foe called Gordon who everybody thinks dies but it turns out he didnt.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

Re: Brian Blessed

Nah.

They're looking for an actor - Brian Blessed is a force of freakin' Nature.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Brian Blessed

Brian Blessed would be cast as the Corsair.

Once this guy regenerates anyway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmbhX4XR40g

70. Spudbynight

Female doctor?

They were talking about this 30 years ago. Was a silly idea then.

If they cast the Dr. as a female I will stop watching. What is next Mr Marple?

71. heyrick Silver badge
    Coat

Taylor Swift

Just, you know, for the hell of it...

72. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I have been watching this show

since the original doctor, including some shows that have now been lost. I have seen the props evolve from egg whisks and plungers to expensive CGI. I have seen Daleks that couldn't even go up stairs learn how to levitate.

I have always enjoyed the show, and in my view it has improved with age. Hopefully it will be around long after I'm gone. As for who the next doctor will be, well, the choices to date have worked out, so I'm sure I shall not be disappointed.

73. sisk

Does anyone else worry about the rate that the revival has blown through incarnations of the Doctor? I mean the classic went through 6 in 25 years (7 in thirty-some-odd years if you count the movie) and the new show has now gone through 3 in 7 years.

74. Arachnoid
    Thumb Up

Steven Fry

75. illiad

ya didnt know?????

LAST Year, matt smith himself said there would be a new doctor after the 50th anniversary...

76. Cameron Colley

Jemima Rooper gets my vote.

She's used to sci-fi time-travel roles and could play a convincing wife to River.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Laurence Fox!

title

1. Cameron Colley

Re: Laurence Fox!

If it's male talent you want how about Jack Davenport?

77. Rick Dickinson
    Windows

The Hugh Laurie suggestion is intriguing, but....

...since we're suggesting Blackadder alums (including Steven Fry and Brian Blessed), why not go with a cunning plan, and give the spot to the man, himself: Rowan Atkinson as the Doctor.

Although, now that I think of it, Tony Robinson might be fun in the role, as well.

78. Madboater
    Coat

I think it should be

me! No reason, but I think I can be a little handy with a sonic screwdriver.

79. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Isn't it OBVIOUS?

Doctor Donna!

(Hey! No throwing things at the screen!)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Isn't it OBVIOUS?

Donna rather annoyed me right up until she became Doctor Donna. She grew through her time with the Doctor until she was at least tolerable (as was intended I'm sure), but the sudden emergence of a super genius level IQ made her suddenly sexy. And then she went back being to the same loud, obnoxious moron that she was when we first saw her and all I could think was "What a waste".

80. McBrowser
    Devil

Must be Danny Dyer

Everyone's wrong.

It has to be Danny Dyer. He'd play the Doctor as a rock hard diamond geezer.

Have that you Dalek slag!

81. clavileno

Kill or cure?

Given his well-publicised views, Rupert Penry-Jones would seem a good bet!

82. Alan B

Basically, nobody knows who it will be. There is so much speculation, but even the writers and casting team don't know yet.

83. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Contest

The way things are these days, I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with a shortlist of half a dozen contenders, then made a series out of it (Who to be Who?) with phone-in voting, etc :)

84. OrsonX
    Terminator

How about....

the T1000?

Tardis opens, phase plasma rifle bestrewn killa robot starts takin' out everybody (except of course K9).

Now THAT would make me watch this dross.

85. Calidore

Random thoughts

The new should be a contrast with the old, so I like the idea of replacing Smith with Sean Pertwee. Plus, instead of jelly babies, "Sausages!"

John Hurt is too old I think, but if they handled the regeneration by having him burst out of Smith's chest, I'd watch anyway.

They need to find another Tom Baker. Not similar to him, but different like he was different. Hire an alien to play an alien.

86. MrDamage Silver badge

He has to be a ginger.

Both David Tennant's and Matt Smith's incarnations were disappointed by the lack of ginger hair. Either Simon Pegg or Damian Lewis would fit the role perfectly.

They go with Ron Weasel, and I'll just give up on the series. The last Doctor needs maturity, not a face full of zits.

87. d3rrial
    Holmes

Benedict Cumberbatch or Robert Carlyle would be pretty interesting.

Both would be a bit grittier than the current ones and would maybe lift doctor who out of its childish appearance and make it look more mature.

88. RealBigAl

You need a doctor

Cast Zoidberg

89. RealBigAl

The Doctor actually has a strong eccentric English gent stereotype so much as I'd like to see the new actor challenge race and gender stereotypes it'll be a white male. It'll also be someone known but not that famous so the vast majority of names listed here will not be in the running (apart from Zoidberg obviously).

Rather than Cumberbatch or Freeman who will both cost too much how about Andrew Scott, who played Moriarty in the recent BBC remake?

90. kain preacher

I would like to see Idris Alba as the next Dr.

91. Delbert
    Thumb Up

No Hollywood

The BBC would be unlikely to cast an 'A' list Hollywood actor budget constraints would rule that out, if Benedict Comberbatch had not taken the studio shilling I would have given him short odds , he has that idiosyncracy in spades. I think for my money David Threlfall would be by far the most obvious choice he has a great track record, can go the distance in a series (Butterflies, Shameless,Men of the World,Paradise Postponed,The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby)

92. G28
    Happy

Bruce Campbell

Bruce Campbell would make a good dr I reckon... Not that he'd do it.

1. Vic

Re: Bruce Campbell

Bruce Dickinson would be better...

Vic.

93. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

New Style

I have no idea if he can act. But for a new image how about Bradley Wiggins?

94. Arachnoid
    Flame

I think it time for a chance

We should perhaps have someone like Warwick Davis who starred in such films as The Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter.

95. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

new doctor...

I was disappointed that Kylie Minogue was not a companion for a series. So she's my vote for the next doctor.

But a more terrifying doctor would be Subo! ;)

96. mike_ackee

big +1 for Richard Ayoade

97. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Or how about this ...

Noel Fielding.

Goth Doctor, anyone? ;-)

98. Tom_

Matt King

Also known as Super Hans.

99. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

queenie

If female (and not River) then it's got to be Miranda Richardson.

100. Mark 62
    Holmes

Two thoughts.

As a kid growing up watching Dr Who, I wanted to be an actor portraying the Doctor. But since I have never acted professionally, and I'm am crippled for the role by being an American, (then again they've had Scotsmen, is it too much of a stretch?)

The serious suggestion is David McCallum.

101. Blitheringeejit
    Coat

Since Clara can now provide the brains of the outfit...

...isn't it time to give the lead role some brawn, ie Ray Winstone? It's about time some of the Doctor's enemies ended up in A&E having a sonic screwdriver removed from where the sun don't shine. (Question for the dedicated fans here - do cybermen have arseholes?)

But failing that, I upvote your Miranda Richardson and raise you a Ben Zephenia.

Just a minute, it's Wednesday I should be working...

102. Vic

Milton Jones

The scripts would make no sense, but you'd laugh like a drain anyway...

Vic.

1. Chris King
      Flame

Re: Milton Jones

Well, anything has to be an improvement over the scripts for this season, that's for sure. About the only episode I enjoyed was "The Crimson Horror", and that's only because they played it for laughs.

Did anyone else think that "Nightmare in Silver" felt like a recycled Star Trek episode ? Change "Doctor" to "Picard", "TARDIS" to "Enterprise", "Cybermen" to "Borg", "Cyber Planner" to "Locutus" and "Chess Game" to "Geometric Puzzle" - et voila, you've got "The Best of Both Worlds", only with fewer photon torpedoes and tractor beams - did anyone notice that the Cyber Gun even sounded like a phaser when Clara pulled the trigger ?

103. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

for protean reinvention

Jon Culshaw, impersonator of Tom Baker extraordinaire, to be the noo hoo

104. GrumpyCloggie

Tom Jones. Shirley Bassey for companion.

This topic is closed for new posts.