back to article Optus: Australian telcos are RUBBISH

Optus has fetched out the hair shirt with CEO Kevin Russell taking the role of public penitent, adding in a scathing attack on the entire telco industry for good measure. Russell's public mea culpa began with a speech to the Australia-Israel Chamber of Commerce in late May, and was expounded on the ABC's Inside Business …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A mobile phone company with a conscience?

My gast is flabbered.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Customer focus, Optus stylee

And the outcome of this 'focus on the customer' ?

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2107557

Doubling the price for 10Gb of data from $34.95 to $60. Someone needs to introduce australia telcos to a lump of 2x4.

3. sam bo
    WTF?

“You can't rely on fifteen-year-old children going over their caps and having two or three thousand dollar data bills. That's just wrong – it's wrong morally, it's not sustainable.”

Bravo - first time I've heard them admit that this is a viable strategy, that and the exorbitant roaming charges, and they wonder why they are hated.

1. xpusostomos

Bravo for recognising a massive moral failing. Now where is the solution??

4. MrDamage Silver badge
    FAIL

Optus Service Quality

When Optus first landed in Australia, I signed up with them. At the time, I was a 3rd party contractor who repaired the various Lexmark printers in their offices around Sydney. In their HQ in North Sydney, they had zero signal on their own network.

The only 2 places you could get a clear signal, was on level 21, either the smokers balcony, or in the bogs. Thats right, the only 2 times you didnt want to be disturbed by phone calls, were the only times you could get disturbed by phone calls.

5. A J

As a former Optus customer...

"Optus: It feels good to finally admit we are rubbish."

6. sanity hazard

Flame Suit: Engaged

The cynic in me wonders if this is a marketing ploy.

1. Cpt Blue Bear

Re: Flame Suit: Engaged

Why the flame suit? Of course its a marketing ploy. I'm guessing Optus have looked at the state of the market and their customer satisfaction surveys and decided its best to be the first to jump. Kind of like Essendon and performance enhancing dru... sorry, supplements. The ploy worked so well for them...

7. Skydreamer
    Thumb Down

Sorry about data charges - I hope that includes global roaming

Local data excess charges are bad enough - the horrendous cost of roaming data while overseas is even more unconscionable.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like