back to article Microsoft CIO bails out to pursue 'personal projects'

Microsoft's Chief Information Officer, Tony Scott, has left the company. Microserfs were reportedly told he'd moved on last week, but news reached the outside world when Scott's LinkedIn profile primary reported he had become the “former CIO” at Microsoft. Microsoft has since confirmed Scott's exit, telling GeekWire “Tony …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mephistro
    Happy

An insider told me...

... That that same day he had been ordered by Ballmer himself to deploy Windows 8 to all company computers, and to begin the process for changing all Microsoft's internal databases to the MSAccess format.

Luckily they grabbed the guy before he reached that open window!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: An insider told me...

Fortunately there was only one window, and the path to it was confusing and unintuitive.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I see you've visited...

our buildings in Redmond. Don't worry, the company is slowly shifting to open floor plans... yeah, that'll fix things.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. ChrisM

Ballmer needs to be next

We need a strong third ecosystem in all markets (be it mobile, desktop or tablet) to drive improvement across the board...

If anyone thinks that Android or IOS being victorious in toto would be a good thing then they are very silly...

4. Moeluk
    Go

If he was using Dynamics, I can understand why....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Depends on the version

The more recent versions also follow a "User Experience" paradigm which is... confusing. And the 2013 version even has the ribbon... IMO, if Microsoft would use it themselves a lot of problems would be fixed by now. But Dynamics doesn't play in this league. It was good software, though.

5. Captain DaFt

Maybe he reads El Reg?

If so, this article probably caught his attention :

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/04/14/machiavellian_cio_guide/

6. Mikel

Not a products guy

Responsible for managing Microsoft's internal IT, with no upward mobility. Five years and done is about what you would expect for that role.

I like dogging the Beast as much as the rest of you all, but this looks like a pretty straightforward deal.

7. oldcoder

maybe another company???

Like Nokia would take him...

Look out!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like