back to article You need to get serious about 4G coverage, Ministry of Fun told

The Ministry of Fun should set up a national planning database, allowing network operators to instantly check zoning restrictions if it's serious about promoting 4G technology. The call comes from Actix, in response to the ministry's consultation on the matter, which closes in two weeks. Actix spends most of its time …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jonfr
    Coat

3G coverage

I guess this is a problem everywhere, that is lack of 3G coverage. At times 2G coverage is mostly decent, I do not know about every country in Europe.

Far as 4G coverage is concerned. I guess it is going to be rather poor for a long, long time.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 3G coverage

I agree with that, 3G coverage is bad enough - so with the 4G roll out it would be the same again the areas that have good 3G will get 4G and the rest can hope for the ..

To add insult, some networks are going to charge for 4G access.

2. Dr Scrum Master

In-building usage, in-building coverage

4G means fast data and people overwhelmingly use data on mobile devices when they're indoors. So, what you want is in-building coverage.

With per-building coverage you also have lower power antennas rather than high power macro cells. That also means lower power usage by mobile devices.

If I was a mobile operator then I would not bother with macro cells for 4G.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like