back to article Kettle 'which looks like HITLER' brews up sturm in a teacup

US retailer JC Penney is doing a brisk trade in a designer kettle after someone noticed it bore a certain resemblance to Adolf Hitler. Over the weekend, a snap of a billboard ad for the "Michael Graves Design Bells and Whistles Stainless Steel Tea Kettle" popped up on Reddit. The offending kettle and Adolf Hitler Spot the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jake Silver badge

People are stupid as a whole.

That is all.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: People are stupid as a whole.

A Kettle that looks like Hitler?

WTF? My big toe looks like him too, if I drop a few tabs, smoke, some weed and drink a bottle of whiskey in one go.

Only in America, the breeding ground of crazies and nutters.

1. Shagbag

the breeding ground of crazies and nutters

With a population of 315m vs. UK's of 63m - for every nutter in the UK you get 5 in the US.

Imagine 5 George Galloways running around. With guns.

1. Crisp

Re: For every nutter in the UK you get 5 in the US

Yes, but our nutters are British!

2. pPPPP

>>Only in America...

Only in America would they insist in using kettles you have to put a flame under, rather than using electric kettles like the rest of the world.

Either that or those godawful filter coffee machines. The one guaranteed way to turn decent coffee beans into bitter, over-stewed brown liquid.

They've managed to turn their beer around though, so there's hope yet.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

"Only in America would they insist in using kettles you have to put a flame under, rather than using electric kettles like the rest of the world."

That's because there pathetic 110v electricity supply means there's not enough power for a kettle to work properly in a reasonable time.

1. Dr_N
            FAIL

"That's because there pathetic 110v electricity supply means there's not enough power for a kettle to work properly in a reasonable time."

Not got a good grip on how electricity works, have you?

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Actually a combination of wussy little girly 110v and no ring mains so you can only pull about 15Amps from an entire circuit means kettles that take 10mins to make a cup of tea, no electric showers and washing machines that need their own dual phase supply.

2. GrahamT
              Boffin

To be fair to the OP, a 110V 3kW kettle requires about 28 Amps, whereas a 230V 3kW kettle needs about 13 Amps. (power = Volts x Amps) So you would expect a US cables and plug to be huge compared to our 13Amp ones to reduced losses and overheating; but no, they are smaller.

Cable losses are proportional to the square of the current, so double the current = 4 times the losses for the same cable, (which explains why distribution lines are at such high voltages and therefore proportionally lower currents.)

By comparison a complete electric cooker in the UK is usually connected to a 30Amp circuit, so your US electric kettle should have the same thickness cable as a UK cooker.

1. Anonymous Coward
                Anonymous Coward

OR, I put the kettle on my stove that is wired into a 50 amp 220V circuit, and be done with it.

OR, I put the kettle on my gas stove, and make even more heat.

And when I am done, and I want to move the kettle, I don't have to move the weight of the heating elements, nor do I have to have the expense of an interconnect from the base to the heating elements, nor do I have to unplug the kettle from the wall.

You know what? Maybe not having the heating elements in the kettle makes sense after all.

2. Dan Paul
                Devil

Folks,

Do you all REALLY feel the need to complain about the US electrical systems too? Oh my god there are so many more important things to do.

GrahamT is the only one so far who has any grasp of US power, but none of you understand that there is no 3 phase power for most residential areas, only single phase. 20 Amps is the largest circuit breaker size allowed in home applications unless for 230 VAC where 2) 20 Amp breakers are twinned together.

I live less than a mile from the Robert Moses Power Hydro generating station in Lewiston NY USA and still pay an outrageous 25 cents per Kwh for electricity produced by coal plants. Go figure

Natural gas is far cheaper than electricity for cooking, heating, hot water or drying clothes. Anyone who may have had electric heat has changed to gas except where there is a power subsidy (which should have been removed 40 years ago). I have a 94% efficient condensing gas furnace and an ultra insulated gas hot water heater.

My kettle boils in less than 3 minutes on gas, Yes I drink that horrible American drip coffee however I use a nice KRUPS electric unit and espresso ground French Roast so I dare you minority of British coffee drinkers to call my brew bad, come over and have a cuppa joe any time. Tea is for girls......let the downvotes begin

Fuel Oil is rarely used any longer as natural gas is also less expensive IF you have gas lines to your property. If not, most use propane tanks in rural areas and some still use fuel oil in cities where propane tanks are banned. No one uses coal anywhere except in power plants and a few pizza ovens, so our skies are actually quite clear and blue (at least in the Northeast, far away from Tornado Alley)

Who would have thought that an article about Hitler would have descended into such a flame war !

1. Anonymous Coward
                    Anonymous Coward

I would hardly call it a flame war, there was one moronic comment, but apart from that it's been a fairly interesting discussion on the cons. of 110v main supply, certainly more interesting the than the original 'kettle that looks like Hitler' non-story

2. Equitas

The US is a fairly large country and most East-coast US residents are not familiar with life on the West Coast and vice versa. And neither group are familiar with life in large parts of what exists in between. Most parts of the US outside the cities have no mains water supply, far less a gas supply and it's not at all unusual to find houses using electrical installations from the 1920s, done in "post and wire." In quite a few parts of the rural US it's a case of a kettle sitting on a woodburning stove, sometimes with a Kemac oil burner to cut in when the wood runs out. In the 1970s it wasn't uncommon to have magneto telephones and the whole community -- up to 99 homes on the SAME party line.

Post and wire is great, it allows you to find a live connection without all that tedious removing of insulation

3. Equitas

You presuppose that only 110v is available in a typical US domestic supply. In point of fact, both incoming wires are live at a potential of 110-120 volts to earth, and 220-240 volts to each other. While the 110 volt sockets and lighting circuits are wired between one of the live wires and earth, electric stoves and other high-draw appliances like air conditioners are wired across both incoming wires. There are perfectly standard sockets available for 220/240 volt appliances.

3. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

"Not got a good grip on how electricity works, have you?"

I know very well how electricity works, if you don't believe that voltage is related to power then perhaps it's your understanding that is deficient.

1. Dr_N

"I know very well how electricity works, if you don't believe that voltage is related to power then perhaps it's your understanding that is deficient."

Ok AC genius, pop quiz:

Which would boil water faster: a 2.5kW 110V kettle or a 2kw 230V kettle?

1. Anonymous Coward
                  Anonymous Coward

"Which would boil water faster: a 2.5kW 110V kettle or a 2kw 230V kettle?"

Well in theory the 2.5Kw would boil faster, but as a previous poster points out, with a max 20amp available, it would in reality never boil, as the circuit would have tripped out*.

That was my original point, I assumed you would have been able to infer that, obliviously not.

*Unless of course they don't bother with circuit breakers and just wait for the cables to melt and the flimsy wooden house to burn down.

2. daveeff
                  Facepalm

I think that's the point, only people on a piddly 110V circuit would think about buying a 2kW kettle. Most UK kettles are 3kW.

As for why put the heat source inside - der, it's more efficient?

We use a thing called the INTERNAL combustion engine too, maybe you guys are still stoking boilers in your steam cars ;-)

In fact if you "have to unplug it" to move your kettle you prob are using a steam car, I know cordless bases (a strange name as the base HAS a cord but that appears what they are called) are around in the US.

2. Equitas

They've a perfectly good 230v supply available and their electric stoves run off it in a great many of their kitchens. They have perfectly standard 230 volt sockets available as well. But manufacturers don't produce 230v kettles.

2. Muckminded

Re: People are stupid as a hole.

10 minutes until all the plastic bits melt onto the burner. There will be no thousand-year tea brewed with this shoddy imposter.

3. Eddy Ito

I don't know about where you are but electricity is between 2.5 and 7 times more expensive than natural gas, joule for joule. That means my gas range can be really inefficient and still be cheaper to run than an electric kettle. Feel free to do the maths for hot water, my condensing gas water heater has a thermal efficiency of 90% and non-condensing models are usually 80-85%. Even at 100% thermal efficiency the electric units are still considerably more expensive to operate and you would need a good electric heat pump to even get close.

4. JEDIDIAH
          Linux

>>Only in America...

>

> Only in America would they insist in using kettles you have to put a flame under, rather than using electric kettles like the rest of the world.

Who's insisting? What do you think this is? Europe?

We can brew tea any way we like.

Sometimes I even break out the stock pot for when I have a non-metric ton of freshly culled Mint leaves.

5. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
          FAIL

Either that or those godawful filter coffee machines. The one guaranteed way to turn decent coffee beans into bitter, over-stewed brown liquid.

People who don't use proper filter coffee machines are drinking coffee with Hitler!

Gb2 Senseo.

3. kain preacher

Excuse me which nations logo for the Olympics had people shouting it said Zion?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

It looked like Lisa Simpson giving someone a blowjob to me. I didn't see it until someone pointed it out.

1. pPPPP

My comment is based on the fact that it's annoying not being able to make a cup of tea in a hotel room. And I'm British, dammit. I want a cup of tea. You can't exactly put a gas stove in a hotel room, can you?

Yep, it all comes down to picking the wrong voltage in the first place. And it doesn't just affect kettles either. Computer equipment is affected too. Not a problem for data centres, but can be a problem if you need to plug that server in and you only have a domestic supply handy. 110V supplies aren't the most useful things.

Then again, you're never going to step on an upturned US plug.

Japan's the really odd one. Half the country runs at 50Hz and half runs at 60Hz. Apparently. I didn't have my multimeter with me last time I was there.

I didn't know the max current in a US supply was 20A. Presumably they use ring mains though.

So how do you do electric ovens on the other side of the pond? They usually have a dedicated radial 32A circuit here.

1. JEDIDIAH
              Linux

> My comment is based on the fact that it's annoying not being able to make a cup of tea in a hotel room. And I'm British, dammit.

Then grow a stiff upper lip and wait a few more seconds for the electric kettle to do it's thing.

> My comment is based on the fact that it's annoying not being able to make a cup of tea in a hotel room. And I'm British, dammit.

I believe that this is a major part of the US defence (no spellchecker it shouldn't be "s") against a British counter revolution. The right to bear arms and the requirement to drink coffee.

2. Fatman

Re: I didn't know the max current in a US supply was 20A.

It is for general lighting and cord connected equipment, but receptacles are available in 15, 20, 30 and 50 amp capacities in both 120 or 240 volt types.

30 amp 120/240 volt receptacles are used for clothes dryers, while 50 amp 120/240 volt receptacles are used for electric ranges. And, YES, there ARE 30 and 50 amp 120 volt receptacles.

Specialized 60 amp receptacles are also available.

Standard US circuit breaker sizes are 15, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 amps for residential load centers (aka 'breaker boxes'). "Oddball" sizes such as 25, 35, 45 and 55 are made, but not always stocked, except at electrical distributors (as opposed to 'home centers').

Presumably they use ring mains though. NO, that is a UK invention not used here. Typically when conductors are paralleled, it is to serve a high amperage1 load, with one end of each run connected to the supply, and the other end of each run connected to the load. And our electrical code requires the cables that make up such a parallel run be of the same size and length so they carry their proportionate share of the load.

1 Typically MORE than 400 amps.

For the curious:

NEMA plug chart: http://www.generatorjoe.net/html/web/outlet/quailplug.html

3. Raz

@pPPPP Posted Thursday 30th May 2013 18:22 GMT

I don't live in US, but here in Canada we use the same 120 V. I have at home (in my basement) no less than 6 rackmount servers and they all run happy, even when SWIMBO cooks in the electric oven and the central AC humms outside, and the house is wired for only 100 Amps. I never blew a fuse.

I prefer gas to electric when it comes to heating, it is much cheaper, as already noted, so the boiler, stove and furnace are on gas.

And yes, there are dedicated circuits for the oven and the AC unit.

4. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

Re: How

Household electrical supplies in the US are split-phase. Each side of the "split" is 120V, and most residential circuits from the main junction are 20A or less, wired to one side. Where 240V is desired, a circuit is run using both sides of the split instead. These are typically 30A.

In other words, we have both 120V and 240V, with up to 30A in our homes.

We don't get too excited over heating water for tea or coffee. My induction stove is a cool toy, but I never use it.

2. graeme leggett Silver badge

design triumph (of the will)?

Not really, your eye is drawn to the gleaming mass of the body first, then follows it up the gentle curve of the spout until it reaches the incongrous absurdity of the whistle.

Neo-classical simplicity with a bell like affair that looks like it came off a French carriage clock. Are we sure they didn't big up the Adolf link to shift a ton of stock they'd over-ordered?

I shall refrain from using the f-word, and also thankfully supplying it in capitals.

1. Jemma

Re: design triumph (of the will)?

I think my sense of humour just Riefen-stalled..

2. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

Re: design triumph (of the will)?

Are we sure they didn't big up the Adolf link to shift a ton of stock they'd over-ordered?

Actually, I think you may be spot on (which is in a way agreeing with @jake above)..

3. Twits R 4 Twats
    Coffee/keyboard

I almost peed myself laughing...

I tend to agree with "jake".

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I almost peed myself laughing...

Poetically, you don't realise you're included in the assessment, along with - well, everyone who isn't jake. Which explains why you found it so amazingly funny, I suppose ...

1. jake Silver badge

@AC 06:30 (was: Re: I almost peed myself laughing...)

I said "people as a whole" not "each individual person".

Individual humans can be quite intelligent. Groups of humans, on the other hand, not so much. Look up "mob mentality" to see where I'm coming from.

And then learn to think for yourself. If you are capable.

1. Noodle Noggin

Re: @AC 06:30 (was: I almost peed myself laughing...)

"I said "people as a whole" not "each individual person".

In that post, yeah. However, the generally supercilious tone in your posts makes it clear that you look at things as "you" and "people".

"Individual humans can be quite intelligent. "

Ooh, how charitable of you to consider the possibility.

"Groups of humans, on the other hand, not so much. Look up "mob mentality" to see where I'm coming from."

Generalisations aren't a good argument. Need to look up "mob mentaility", do I? Assuming I need to? c.f. supercilious.

"And then learn to think for yourself. If you are capable."

QED ...

1. jake Silver badge

@Noodle Noggin (was: Re: @AC 06:30 (was: I almost peed myself laughing...))

Was I speaking to you? Why take personal offense over generalizations?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Uffish
          Pint

@ Jake

Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."

— Samuel Johnson

London, like many other cities, feels a bit like a mob at times but, taken as a whole, is proof that large quantities of 'people' can do great things.

1. g e

Re: @ Jake

Whereas Scotland is probably proof that individuals can achieve greatness (have you seen how many legendary inventors are Scots..???)

1. Uffish

Re: legendary inventors

Are you implying that Boswell invented Johnson's words?

2. Fihart

Re: @ g e

"have you seen how many legendary inventors are Scots..???"

Second only to the Germans, I suspect.

Comparing population numbers suggests the Scots might have the most inventions per head.

1. Anonymous Coward
                Anonymous Coward

Re: @ g e

Think Swiss claim that honour.

2. jake Silver badge

@ Uffish (was: Re: @ Jake)

I've never climbed a mountain in London. Just as one example.

1. Jemma

Re: @ Uffish (was: @ Jake)

I have. Its what you end up doing when you explain to a PHB why his using 'password' is not condusive to network security..

3. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge

I think Thoreau says it better:

"City life: millions of people being lonely together."

4. Jemma

So *that's* what explains the current suicide rate - terninal boredom amongst the hitchhikers guide reading classes.. not DWP ok'ing terminal cancer patients for coal mining duty... Come back Bevin, all is forgiven..

3. Fatman

Re: "mob mentality"

You can substitute "herd mentality" and, yet still be on target.

4. Khaptain Silver badge
    WTF?

Snake oil or Marketing cream

Cover up the Hitler picture with your hand and just look at the kettle, what do you see : A Kettle.........

1. Danny 14
      Trollface

Re: Snake oil or Marketing cream

WWho posted it? MGraves perhaps? Great viral marketing idea.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Snake oil or Marketing cream

I see a big shiny arse.

5. tony
    Happy

The humble teapot, from CGI tool to fascist via sneaky ebay porn; what a life you've led.

6. Mitoo Bobsworth
    Facepalm

If you bullshit...

...they will buy.

7. Gray Ham Bronze badge

But ...

Does the whistle play Wagner when it boils?

1. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge

Re: But ...

I'd guess it's more Flying Scotsman than Flying Dutchman...

2. GitMeMyShootinIrons

I'd go with "Teatime for Hitler and Germany..." (Hangs head in shame at poor joke mis-treating The Producers...)

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
        Trollface

Right.

When it's done, it Hesses!

2. fangster

"Tomorrow belongs to tea" (copyright Psychoville)

8. Ole Juul

Product line

JC Penney is a bit nonplussed by its smash hit in the white supremacist kitchen appliance market. The company tweeted: "If we had designed it to look like something, we would have gone with a snowman or something fun."

I didn't know there was a white supremacist kitchen appliance market, but I guess a snowman would fit in nicely.

1. Dodgy Geezer Silver badge
      Coat

Re: Product line

...I didn't know there was a white supremacist kitchen appliance market...

Why do you think they call them "White Goods"...?

ta-da... thank you, I'll be here all week...

2. TeeCee Gold badge
      Coat

Re: Product line

I didn't know there was a white supremacist kitchen appliance market,

I guess that's why domestic appliances are usually referred to as "white goods"......

9. Haku

It's amazing how gullible the general publ...

hang on a mo, my Karma Chameleon phone is ringing.

10. Charles Manning

Hmmm

The whistle looks like it has been circumcised, so draw your own conclusions.

11. John Tserkezis

Probably spotted by the same crowd who sees jesus in everything: That oil stain on my garage floor looks like jesus, that burnt toast, that shadow.

Proabaly not as embarrasing as the naked guy who took a picture of his highly reflective chrome kettle...

1. Dana W
      Meh

The Jesus Brigade is at it again. J.C. Penny company's support of and marketing to gay couples infuriates them and they can't get anywhere in getting their rapidly diminishing numbers to generate a real boycott, and they are desperate to find anything. I suspect they figured that Hitler Tea would offend Liberals.

They probably heard all about it from the Jesus in their Cheese sandwich.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

The kettle, It's only got one bell...

13. cortland
    Big Brother

Robin says

Holy Tea Party, Batman!

Big Brother -- because there's no Big Sister icon

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yes it's him alright.

Yes it's him alright. As for the guy on the right, I have no idea who it is. ;)

15. jubtastic1
    IT Angle

Shave and a haircut

It doesn't take much to suggest Hitler, a circle, arc of hair at the top right and the moustache is all that's required, this Kettle goes the extra distance by adding a Southpark style shirt, thin black tie and the salute.

It looks a bit like Hitler, it's mildly amusing, Photographer deserves a bonus for turning a run of the mill kettle into a sell out item.

16. Scott Pedigo
    Holmes

Coincidentally, the kettle body reminds me of a WWII era German helmet.

17. Katz
    WTF?

Meh

Don't see any resemblance. SIlly.

18. Dodgy Geezer Silver badge
    Devil

Actually...

...the original picture shows a much better resemblance...

Telegraph original Pic

1. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge
      Happy

Re: Actually...

"I'm a little Nazi, short and stout". :)

Re: Actually...

And I quote

after customers noted that one of its tea kettles bears a striking resemblance to Adolf Hitler.

Jesus H Christ.

19. WeaselNo7
    Meh

Commentards

Crikey. I'm glad I'm not trapped on a submarine with you lot.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
      Coat

Re: Commentards

Yes, I think some of them need a good, big Das Boot up the arse!

20. Mostly_Harmless Silver badge
    Coat

from a story yesterday...

"In one reported case, a York mosque successfully quelled an EDL protest with tea, biscuits and football"

Wonder if they were using one of these kettles?

Re: from a story yesterday...

And the football bore a striking resemblance to Eva Braun.

21. ukgnome
    Joke

I thought it looked like Eadon, that kettle clearly hates Microsoft!

1. Mostly_Harmless Silver badge
      Coat

Eadon

You could have a point there

NON-ANDROID WATER-HEATING NAZI DOPPLEGANGER FAIL

1. jake Silver badge

Re: Eadon

If you feed the trolls you have to keep 'em. Enjoy.

ID10Ts.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

@ Jake Re: Eadon

I quite like having troll like Eadon around - it amuses me to prod them and take the p*** from time to time

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. C 18
        Holmes

Re: Eadon

Well, seeing as we're on the subject of Godwin's and all it would seem El Reg has its own equivalent as is evident from this sub-thread.

It would appear that the longer a thread gets on El Reg (without Eadon actually making an appearance) the chances of somebody referring to him approaches 1.

22. Nifty Silver badge

Been here before

House that looks like Hitler (yawn)

http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/ad60341477a-house-resemblin.jpg?w=650&h=778&crop=1#038;h=1226

23. Rob Crawford

Uncanny resemblence

I think it's the bell that Hitler often had sticking out of his head that gives the game away.

To think that the bell later developed into the Nazi trans dimensional flying machine

24. C 18
    Mushroom

Hmm...

This thread is having a catastrophic effect on Godwin's law. I fear the entire internet is about to consume itself. Good job we have a kettle on hand to brew up a decent cuppa...

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Hmm...

Quite so. I'm just trying to source a Joseph Goebbels tea cosy to complete the set.

2. jake Silver badge

@C 18 (was: Re: Hmm...)

No.

Godwin's Law states "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

Given the initial post referenced Hitler, it's only logical that Hitler will be mentioned occasionally.

HTH, HAND.

1. C 18
        Thumb Down

Re: @C 18 (was: Hmm...)

Congratulations on demonstrating a complete and catastrophic sense of humour failure.

1. jake Silver badge

@C 18 (was: Re: @C 18 (was: Hmm...))

Your sense of humo(u)r needs work. The incorrect "Godwin" shtick was old 20 years ago.

1. C 18
            Trollface

Re: @C 18 (was: @C 18 (was: Hmm...))

So given that 'If you feed the trolls you have to keep 'em. Enjoy.', in this case, I get to keep you do I?

Do you need a blanky during the day? How long can I let you out to play with the normal people without having to worry if you're getting yourself into trouble?

This is so exciting, a new pet...

I see I'll have to work on toilet training you first...

25. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

someone noticed, yeah, right

I'll be blunt: they decided that "a bit of publicity is no bad thing and then - bingo - "someone noticed". It works! :(

26. Winkypop Silver badge
    Flame

Ve haff vays of making you tea!

Heinrich, turn up ze gas!

27. Lexxy
    Go

Resemblance

I've got it! They're both bell ends!

28. chadp

Another opportunity?

I heard that Neville Chamberlain met with the kettle and afterwards declared that we would have teas in our time.

29. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

SIEG BOIL!

Now I understand what the crowds in the old newsreel footage of Nazi rallies were on about. They were telling him to STFU and put the tea on.

30. W.O.Frobozz

Oh, THAT Hitler....

Now if it looked like Eddie Hitler I would have definitely bought one (and used it to smash my pal Ritchie over the head with).

1. Imsimil Berati-Lahn
      Thumb Up

Re: Oh, THAT Hitler....

Hooray!

I've not watched "Bottom" in ages.

Time to break out the box set.

Thanks pal!

31. The elephant in the room

More kettles that dont look very much like people

Cartman:

http://bit.ly/18AZfRj

Kenny:

http://bit.ly/10Kgn1P

Neo:

http://bit.ly/10CcIGA

Jean-Luc Picard:

http://bit.ly/18ymbTO

Mr Potatohead:

http://bit.ly/16sjQKd

Time to get back to work...

32. BornToWin

You have really got...

...to be using some powerful chems to equate a tea kettle to Hitler's face. What's in that tea that you are drinking?

33. samlebon23
    Headmaster

For me, it looks like Lady Gaga.

34. Stevie

Teufel!

The Fuhrer was a traditional man. I don't recall him ever wearing a black clown nose.

(With apologies to Mr Ploppy).

35. beast666
    Pint

Reflection

The first thing I noticed about the kettle was not that it looks like Hitler. It's the reflection of the lady's panties that struck me...

36. Sam 15

Fuhrer's Tea-Time Tastes

Do you think Hitler would have been fond of a little red bush?

37. Mr. Moose
    Devil

The New Electric Model...

Utilizes a Horst Wessel Lead.

38. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

Amazing

Hitler had pretty smooth skin.

How did he do it?

39. HaplessPoet
    Joke

UnGodwin's Law?

Seems we started with hitler and diverged from there, the inverse of Godwin's Law

40. Stevie

Bah!

The bloke on the right used to play keyboard for Sparks, didn't he?

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Bah!

He did. Now this town isn't big enough for both of us, so one of is going to have to leave...

1. Stevie

Re: Bah!

And I'm guessing it ain't you.

41. Jerry G.
    Meh

Kettle Look Like Hitler?

Maybe I'm a bit dumb...

I don't see how this kettle resembles Hitler in any possible way. Is it the slant of the handle? Many people of today have the same type of hair wave in the front of their forehead.

There is a series of kettles being made that the body of the kettles each have the face back and front of famous leaders in history. Some of them were terrible people. Maybe this is being mixed up from that series of kettles?

This topic is closed for new posts.