back to article Yahoo! Oz! PAYS! Punters! Pittance! To! Search!

Yahoo!'s Australian outpost, a joint venture with the Seven Television Network dubbed Yahoo!7, has teamed with a local supermarket chain in a scheme that pays punters to use its search engine. The supermarket outfit is Coles, which has for years operated a loyalty scheme called Fly Buys that was doing Big Data before anyone …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom7
    FAIL

Some basic math

$369 at 50 cents a month would be 738 months., not 164.5.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Presumably anyone who signs up for this

automatically qualifies for free passage on the 'B' arc.

3. Doozerboy
    Thumb Up

I wonder how many aussie devs will be writing little console apps to automate this.

One search per minute would net you ~100 bucks a month. Which would take you about half an hours coding tops.

4. Euripides Pants
    Coat

If the Borg absorb this....

...will it become Yahoo!7 of 9?

1. Tyrelever

Re: If the Borg absorb this....

Eadon of Borg?

Resistance is futile unless of course you are running windows then don't worry about it.....

2. Tyrelever

Re: If the Borg absorb this....

Eadon of Borg?

Resistance is futile unless of course you run windows then don't worry about it...

5. KiwiGraham
    Alert

Monthly limit

When I first posted about this on FaceBook (23 Oct 2012) it was noted that there is monthly limit on the payout - 100 Flybuys points per month. It now even says 100 points "per household" and even further says "valid searches".

I said:

"Seriously? Use the Flybuys/Yahoo search tool so they can collect info about your everyday life (as well as your shopping) and they "pay" 0.5 points per search. The standard exchange rate is 200 points per dollar so that's 400 snippets of your life for $1!!! No thanks (and no embedded link)"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like