back to article Infosys vows to fight Indian tax claim

It’s not just Western technology giants that are being targeted by the Indian government, now local IT services behemoth Infosys has been forced to challenge a Rs.5.77 billion (£68.7m) tax demand by the authorities. India’s second biggest outsourcer was hit with the tax bill for the 2009-10 year last month. The demand relates …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dazed and Confused

The Indian Government doesn't like to see money leave

I know every time I do consulting jobs out there, I need to paying a witholding tax, eventually you get a statement from them you can use with the UK taxman, so you don't have to pay tax twice. But India doesn't let the money leave the country till they've had their share.

If governments around the world are going to start complaining about companies skipping tax payments, then we can look forward to all governments around the globe doing the same thing.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The Indian Government doesn't like to see money leave

@Dazed and Confused

"I know every time I do consulting jobs out there, I need to paying a witholding tax, eventually you get a statement from them you can use with the UK taxman, so you don't have to pay tax twice."

Thats true for all the countries that have signed the taxation treaties: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxtreaties/ It is nothing specific to India. If you were a US citizen and did consulting in the UK that same will apply.

2. David Kelly 2

Quit complaining, sheeple.

Either we are free humans or we are sheeple owned, managed, and harvested by government farmers for the benefit of government.

Decide what you want to be, and work to make it so.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like