back to article Dixons feasts on corpse of Comet, chortles over 'slab bonanza

PC World and Currys helped steer sales growth at Dixons Retail in fiscal '13 ended 28 April against the background of a land grab for fallen Comet's trade and a boom in slablets. In a trading statement today - preliminary numbers are filed on 20 June - the retail mammoth said like-for-like Q4 sales climbed seven per cent on a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Only used Pixmania Once

A couple of years back, they sent me a faulty phone which arrived the day before a long business trip. Then they made it pretty impossible to work out how to return it in the limited time I had. Pixmania can piss off; I won't be using them again. Pity really as the in store experience the Dixons Group stores has improved greatly, in recent years.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pixmania

Placed my last order to Pixmania about 18 months ago. Delivered from Belgium, opened the box to find the wrong product had been sent. Returned. Then 6 weeks dealing with the Paris office (they had no UK presence) until received replacement. Opened the box to find yet again they had sent the wrong item. Ordered from amazon who delivered the next day. The only positive comments I can make about this outfit is they were quick to collect the items to return to Belgium and I did receive money back.

Annoying company, surprised they are still in business.

3. Shagbag

WTF?

From what I can read all that happened is that Dixons picked up some of the market share from companies that went broke. Big deal. When people want a new telly and you're the only guy selling them, all of a sudden you've got 100% market share without doing anything.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: WTF?

"From what I can read all that happened is that Dixons picked up some of the market share from companies that went broke. "

Agree. Its the only way their positive numbers make any sense to me. Certainly PC World / Currys in-store service has continued to be piss poor in my area. Asking around more and more people are just buying online i.e. off Amazon etc.

4. jason 7
    Unhappy

Well that's disappointing to hear!

Nothing else to say really.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dead Cat Bounce

The inevitable rise as they feed on the rotting corpse of their last real competitor. Next year there will be no more rotting corpses left and HMV's fate awaits.

This topic is closed for new posts.