back to article It's official: Nokia's Verizon Lumia 928 is here

Nokia's long-rumoured exclusive phone for Verizon, the Lumia 928, has been officially announced. It's really a Lumia 920 with a more tapered body, an AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode) screen, and a proper, grown-up Xenon camera flash. It's also lost some weight: at 161.5g, it's a fair bit lighter than the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. joeW
    Thumb Up

Xenon flash?

Oh thank christ one company hasn't forgotten how to put one of those on a phone. It's one of the things I miss the most from my 2006 Sony Ericcson K800i - that and the sliding lens cover.

I might be tempted back to Nokia for the first time since the 3310.

1. Fuzz

Re: Xenon flash?

My HTC Mozart had a xenon flash, I thought it would be good, being a bit of a photographer and knowing that a proper flash helps freeze motion as well as providing lighting. Turns out that the phone still took pictures that look like they were taken on a phone and the xenon flash couldn't double as a torch. My current phone has an LED flash and whilst it's not a particularly great flash, it's a very useful torch.

1. MacroRodent

Re: Xenon flash?

Let's wait for the GSMArena test. High-end Nokias do tend to have good cameras whose results don't look like mobile phone pics.

2. Simon Harris

You've got red on you.

They could have chosen a different Windows Phone colour scheme for their photos.

Does anyone else see that much red on a screen and guess that it's a Virgin branded phone?

1. Simon Harris
      Facepalm

Re: You've got red on you.

D'oh - should have checked the Verizon website before posting - red seems to be their colour too!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As Bob Vistakin asked, can it be flashed with Android? If it can then you would finish up with a descent phone.

1. The_Regulator

First come up with something original. Second come up with something original. Third you are wrong.....such a lame comment.

Personally I cannot wait for the EOS later this year, potentially a 41mp sensor (not that size is everything but...)

2. Bob Vistakin
      Linux

It wouldn't surprise me to find out there actually was a totally compatible Android hardware layer underneath all this. Once the shareholders see sense, as they appear to be doing recently, Android handsets will then just be a case of applying decent software to the great hardware Nokia is known for plus some case retooling.

Clearly, Elop is standing on a burning platform now so hasn't that long to go.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

These come with Windows Phone 8 - which is much better than Android - more efficient and responsive, faster to complete every day tasks, better maps and nav, integrated social networking, an MS Office client and zero Malware....

4. Simon Harris
    Unhappy

1280 x 768 on a 4 1/2" phone screen...

just goes to show how pants standard laptop screens are with their similar pixel counts!

5. Arctic fox
    Facepalm

I see that Eadon got on first, oh well.......

......that's another thread down the khazi.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like