back to article Endeavour accompanied by Rocket Man

NASA may not be emblazoning its shuttles with Formula One-style advertising slogans, but like Hollywood it seems to be sidling towards the odd sneaky bit of product placement. iPod Shuttle The new iPod Shuttle®. Picture copyright © Nasa The Reg reported last year on optimistic mutterings about the idea of NASA slapping …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Damian Gabriel Moran
    Happy

as long as...

it is the Shatner rendition!

2. Edwin
    Jobs Horns

Not that new...

A quick search on the world's favourite data miner reveals e.g. http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=22762

3. HFoster
    Thumb Down

So?

This is interesting why, exactly? Couldn't give a monkey's toss if astronauts took sheet music and a chamber orchestra with them.

Wait. Actually, no. The chamber orchestra would be far more interesting than some eagle-eyed sadsack spotting an iPod in a NASA photograph. Too much time on his hands, no doubt.

4. TimM
    Paris Hilton

Battery

What. Apple let them actually change the battery? !

Paris - cos she like's her ipod.

5. Paul Bruneau

Why no lithium?

Why does lithium have to go?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Alkaline batteries?

So are the laptops used on space missions equipped with Li-Ion batteries, or are they running on alkalines as well?

--Paris icon because I'm sure she has many toys that take alkaline batteries.

7. Michael
    Flame

@ Why no Lithium

Essentially, because the Shuttle and ISS are VERY enclosed spaces, and the contents of a lithium-ion battery are toxic, corrosive, flammable and potentially explosive. The risks aren't worth the weight and size benefits.

8. vincent himpe
    Jobs Horns

wake me

when they have an ipod that runs on a fuel cell...

looks more like a white zune to me ...

9. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

So it's true then?

It really is f***ing Rocket Science to change the batteries on an iPod.

Spacesuit please.

This topic is closed for new posts.