back to article In space, no one can hear your laptop Blue Screen

Reg columnist Verity Stob says she's uncovered the following string of eye-opening electronic missives between the International Space Station's crew members. First, some context: "A NASA contractor deeply involved in Space Shuttle and International Space Station (ISS) operations, decided to migrate to Linux. Chuvala oversees …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jake Silver badge

This is going to be fun ...

When amanfromMars composts it and uses it for fertilizer ;-)

Thanks, STOB! :-)

2. Tom7
    Thumb Up

Glad I hadn't gone for the morning coffee when I read that

You'd owe me a new keyboard. Gold!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A fine effort in general, but. just for the avoidance of confusion

"the designated IT expert here is one of the Ruskies? This is the sort of thinking that lost us the Shuttle. "

I thought the thinking that lost the Shuttle was management and subcontractor costcutting combined with suppression of bad engineering news in (mostly) US companies? I thought there was even documented evidence to that effect from official inquiries?

No Russkies needed, just put beancounters and papershufflers in control rather than engineers,

There's a sense of humour failure here somewhere. Could be mine, I suppose. After all, nobody died. Oh, wait...

1. Johan Bastiaansen
      Angel

Re: A fine effort in general, but. just for the avoidance of confusion

"It was the commies I tell you. Plus our own government covering it up ! ! !"

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yes, it is yours (SOH failure)

Wasn't the bit about Jesus and evolution enough to get across to you the personality of this character as a gung-ho republican/patriot type?

3. Irongut

Re: A fine effort in general, but. just for the avoidance of confusion

I don't think she meant caused the Challenger disaster I think she meant lost as in they don't fly them any more.

4. AndyMM
    Thumb Up

Great Stuff

Thanks

5. Lexxy

Fish

Purpose: Test survivability of swim bladder-equipped vertebrates in ZG. Plus got to be good for a laugh. Reminiscent of character in popular US TV show 'Family Guy'.

I thought the fish was in "American Dad"? Or are we not thinking of the same thing?

1. Don Jefe
      Happy

Re: Fish

It is 'American Dad'. It's a goldfish with a Nazi-esque persona, Klaus I think.

'Family Guy' has Brian the dog.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

That was deliberate

Open Office corrupted the document, remember?

6. The_Yucca
    Boffin

Phoenix T. White III

Is he the re-incarnation of Ed White, II rising from the flames of Apollo 1.

Or am I reading too much into this?

7. Carl
    Unhappy

is this even funny?

It's not is it?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: is this even funny?

Some bits of it are quite amusing.

Other bits of it are about as amusing as giving Kissinger a Nobel Peace Prize.

Still, you can't please everyone at once.

2. Not That Andrew

Re: is this even funny?

It's true that Ms. Stob has written better, but I found it quite amusing anyway.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like