back to article Budweiser's bonkable Buddy Cup brings Facebook to the pub

Are you spending so much time on Facebook that the prospect of actually going out and socializing has become a little unnerving? Don't worry; mega-brewer Budweiser has got you covered, with a new beverage cup that helps merge the physical and online worlds. "The Buddy Cup brings together the in-bar experience with Facebook, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

wow

I know someone who will buy a case of these when he gets out of jail.

2. ecofeco Silver badge
    Facepalm

You have got to be kidding

This is satire, right?

Right?

So full of FAIL.

3. Cubical Drone

This is a bad idea

Don't think I can think of a more scary idea. You will end up with a bunch of FB friends that you will regret upon the arrival of the light of day

1. ecofeco Silver badge
      Mushroom

Re: This is a bad idea

That pales in comparison to it being used in court.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"What could possibly go wrong?"...

...and all for the customer convenience. Yeah right!

.....The line that spoke volumes to me is in the title!

4. Graham Marsden
    Pint

Shay...

... yer my besht mate, buddy, knowatimean...

5. LaeMing
    Joke

Hmmm.

It is random losers in bars wanting to bonk with me that keeps me away from the places.

6. Nanners
    Stop

Who the fart

drinks budwieser? I don't know a single person. Seems like desperation TBH.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

What a great idea!

So some smartass will go around and bump his cup with that of everyone he passes whether they want him to or not, and everyone will get a friend request from the biggest drunk jackass in the bar.

Good plan, Budweiser. Maybe for an encore you can sell t-shirts that have a target on the back that says "puke here".

1. Irk

Re: What a great idea!

Sounds like a good way to get names/stalk people as well. With no "bonk consent" there's no real way to be selective about who you get requests from. And how are these disabled? They're cheap enough to hand out - will people be throwing them into the trash or remembering to take them home?

Adding cups to the Internet of Things...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: What a great idea!

Plus you can find out what someone's name is even if they don't want to tell you. You can bonk to get the friend request sent, then you can check your Facebook to see the name of the person to whom you just sent a request.

And stalkers everywhere rejoiced and gave thanks to Budweiser.

8. Christoph
    Joke

Call me a taxi

"chip-enabled jeans which, when bonked on the floor, automatically call you a cab"

You're a cab!

9. skeptical i
    Devil

Good for harvesting spammable/ sellable fecebook data

since you'd have an easy "in" ("Hey, remember me from the bar the other night? We talked about XYZ and I found a great product that might help ..."), but as many have pointed out above I wouldn't use my REAL fecebook/ contact info (if I had a fecebook account, anyway).

10. FozzyBear
    WTF?

WTF

I go to the pub to get away from the tech. Last thing I want is a drunken dipshit interrupting the schooner or two I'm trying to enjoy with mates.

11. Eddy Ito
    Pint

Pissa'

"Hey mate, I gotta piss, mind watching my beer?" We all know one practical joker who will bonk his cup with every other in the joint and maybe even pre-bonk the stack of cups in the corner.

<-- NOT a Budweiser

12. MJI Silver badge

No problem for me

I don't touch the stuff. If I ever drink anything with Buweiser on the label the word Budvar is alongside and brewed in České Budějovice.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like