back to article Indian IT consultant becomes idol to legions of football fans

Jubilant Manchester United fans have celebrated Robin van Persie's astonishing hat trick by bombarding an Indian IT consultant with congratulatory tweets. Despite a picture that clearly shows him to be a bespectacled middle-aged Indian man rather than the slick-haired striker, football fans have mistaken Ravi Visvesvaraya …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Thomas 4
    WTF?

Gosh

Who'd have thought there would be more than one individual in the world with the initials "RVP"?

1. Armando 123

Re: Gosh

Certainly not me.

Sincerely,

Richard Burton

2. Grave

Re: Gosh

looks like they are now outsourcing twatterizing too

2. Freakyfeet
    Stop

Can't be Man Utd fans

"He has now become something of a Twitter star, with a suspiciously large number of followers from Manchester."

Hang on, all the Man U fans live in Surrey and Asia !

3. Frankee Llonnygog

He's lucky

At least they didn't also accuse him of setting off bombs in Boston.

4. Andrew Moore
    Coat

Also

I don't think Robin Van Persie is his real name. He changed it from Thieving Van Penis.

Note to the confused: I'm channelling an old Dick Van Dyke joke here...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Trust a footie fan to balls it up! Not the brightest of stars in the galaxy!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Facepalm

I know, right? Would you believe not a *single* tennis fan has been dumb enough to send this guy a tweet, but these football fans - they're just useless!

6. John 90

Just change your Twitter handle. Not that big of a deal.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

monetise the twits

he should just start twittering pay-per-click links.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RVP

A TLA is about the the level of comprehension of a Manchester United fan. Why do you think they call it Man Utd? Most off them probably don't even realise they support a Manchester team so it's hardly worth the effort of Mr Prassad to explain that RVP could possibly be anything other than their idol.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like