back to article Intel grabs API management company Mashery

With fewer PCs getting sold, little foothold in tablets or phones, and software is busily eating into the value of your terrifically complex server chips, getting into software must seem like a pretty smart move for a chipmaker like Intel. Chipzilla is on a big software push, (as shown by Wednesday's switching announcement), …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I have no idea what this product does,

Having read the article, I have no idea what this product does,why I should care about it, or why Intel splashed out on it.

Can anyone tell me (in terms which might mean something to someone over 30, preferably 40+)?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I have no idea what this product does,

Well it does not have to make sense! Looking at so many articles in a single day about Intel, one can be certain that Intel PR is in full force before the CEO transition. Trying to create buzz and show to the world that everything is hunky-dory at the company!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

API Management

Almost anything you do on your smartphone means talking to multiple back end systems via APIs. If you put your data on a google map you are using googles map API to do it. Mashery provides an API management layer so that the providers of those back end systems can control and measure access and usage of their APIs. As large enterprises connect digitally to each other and to their supply and sales channels, they need API management. Good move from Intel - this is a hot space with most of the current players in it being failed SOA and XML Gateway vendors.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like