back to article Chinese iOS pirate Kuaiyong launches web app store

A Chinese group which has made it its mission to take a bite out of Apple’s iTunes revenue share is at it again, launching a full web version of its iOS app store jam-packed with pirated content. Chinese language app Kuayiong was originally launched at the tail end of last year to fill the gap left by the equally dodgy …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LarsG
    Meh

Would you trust a Chinese website to offer you dodgy pirated apps to download and put on your phone?

Even if they claim it does not require you to jailbreak it.

If you do, I've got a great deal, fake gold, buy it here....... Roll up roll up...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yeah, obviously, your choice of using a non-Chinese site to download dodgy pirated apps is way smarter.

2. Michael McLean
    FAIL

Not accessible outside China, i can access it here in the UK lol

3. Dana W
    Meh

I can access it, you just can't download the software yet, no English version. And to make matters worse the software is Windows only!

4. Nifty Silver badge
    Holmes

No apps can be installed on an unjailbroken IOS device. Something fishy about this article.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@Nifty

>No apps can be installed on an unjailbroken IOS device.

It uses a hacked/bespoke version of iTunes which installs 'the same' licensed app across all devices which use their service.

1. Nifty Silver badge

Re: @Nifty

Believe it when I see it. Why does a Jailbreak industry exist if there's such a simple way to install non-Apple-approved apps.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: @Nifty

This approach has been possible for ages - see also instasign and zeousmos....far fewer people are jailbreaking now in China [the same developers also do China's most popular jailbreaks].

It's simple piracy, whereas the 'jailbreaking industry' is legal and exists as much to sell software Apple don't allow - it's worth millions - jailbreaking itself is no earner....

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Malware-a-go-go??

6. K
    Trollface

Hello Sir, what can I get you today..

Will it be Malware? Trojan? or Botnet?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like