back to article Win a Nexus 7 with reed.co.uk and El Reg

reed.co.uk and The Register have teamed up to offer Reg readers in the UK the chance to win a shiny new Nexus 7 tablet. To enter, all you need to do is sign up for reed.co.uk’s jobs by email service using the short form below. reed.co.uk will then send you only the jobs you're interested in as and when new opportunities that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom_

Subversion

Can I put in a random string for the keyword and avoid getting any email from Reed?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Subversion

Or put in 'Delphi' :)

2. Richard Wharram

No, apply for something sensible like Enterprise Artichoke.

3. FlossyThePig

Many years ago my father entered the job title of "Soap tank boiler attendant" on an immigration form when he was production manager of a soap facory in Nigeria. A few month later he came across of immigration statistics and was delighted to see "Soap tank boiler attendant - 1" in the figures.

2. Velv
    Go

Ah, just how many fancified Job Titles can we come up with. Let's start with:

Plate Glass Maintenance Engineer

3. Anonymous IV

Job title

I was thinking of applying, having filched the South Parks Studio job title:

E-mail, Internet and Electronic Information Officer.

1. John H Woods Silver badge

Re: Job title

"E-mail, Internet and Electronic Information Officer."

at McDonalds?

1. Anonymous IV

Re: Job title

Reed isn't asking you where your current job is located!

I understand from an insider that the alleged BBC job title from many years ago:

Engineering Information and Electrical Installation Officer

never existed.

2. Anonymous Coward 15
      Linux

EIEIO

Why did I think "isn't that an errno value" before I thought of Old Macdonald?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

a truly stunning promotion

from a nationwide, nay, international job agency. Can they handle the expense? Can they handle the volume of applicants? All will be revealed on 13th July this year, Stay tuned!

5. Neill Mitchell

It doesn't matter what you fill in for location

They'll bombard you with emails about jobs in Aberdeen, Basingstoke, Cardiff, Dundee, Eindhoven, Zurich. Everybody talk about pop music.

6. banjomike
    Meh

...send you only the jobs you're interested ...

Yeah, right. That would certainly be original. Every job site I've ever used has failed in that respect.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like