back to article Sprint/Softbank mobile merger in doubt after Dish bids $25.5bn

Dish Network has thrown a counter-offer into the ring to buy Sprint-Nextel, the third-biggest mobile provider in the US, in a $25.5bn cash and stock bid that outspends rival Softbank by well over 10 per cent. "The DISH proposal clearly presents Sprint shareholders with a superior alternative to the pending Softbank proposal," …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I would hate to be in middle management at sprint right now.

2. asdf

lol

Middle management always makes me think of this commercial. Those spreadsheets and powerpoint slides won't write themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJB0CzlzSwY

3. Chairo

ranked the worst place to work in America

Given the general reputation of American companies for being less than emloyee friendly, that sounds like quite an acheivement.

I am sure someone in top management is even proud of it.

1. asdf
      Trollface

Re: ranked the worst place to work in America

Yep pretty sad for the developed world but wouldn't even get honorable mention in China the land of having children work in firework factories (oops sorry vocational training schools).

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fandango

Wow, has Fandango gotten around. First a dance, then a movie, then selling tickets, then moved to professional wrestling and now into the financial sector. Not stop, space?

5. Gil Grissum
    Thumb Down

DISH NETWORK?? I HOPE NOT

Make up your mind, author. Is DISH's offer 10% above softbank or 13%? It can't possibly be both.

DISH Network is the worst possible option for Satellite TV. Word has it that their customer service is awful. While DISH is an American company, that doesn't make it the best option for Sprint or more importantly, Sprint's customers (of which, I'm one). And while there appears to be a higher share price in it for stock holders if Sprint considered DISH's offer, DISH has no experience to compete with in Mobile. The Softbank deal has already received regulatory approval and is set to complete later this year. DISH can buy some other phone network. Maybe they should bid for Metro PCS or Virgin Mobile.

1. William Phelps

Customers like Dish

As someone who used to sell and install both DTV and Dish, I know many customers prefer Dish; and, their CS isn't any worse than Sprint's.

BTW: T-Mobile bought Metro PCS and Virgin Mobile USA is a brand of Sprint.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like