back to article Twitter buys music firm We Are Hunted, preps soundtrack for 200m twits

Twitter is set to finally make some noise as it prepares to launch a new music service. The microblogging behemoth has snapped up a music-search service called We Are Hunted which scours the internet to identify what people are listening to and then makes recommendations based upon its findings. We Are Hunted confirmed the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Heh…

#music currently listening to 1 night in Paris

(Shit shit shit)

#music currently listening to Gangnam style

1. Anonymous Coward 15
      Paris Hilton

Re: Heh…

Heyyy, sexy lady!

2. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    Mushroom

The Music Companies Wet Dream

Another way to get their crap songs onto a gazillion playlists. I'm willing to bet that the record companies will be setting up lots of PC's to stream nothing but their artists crap in the hope that this pushes them up the list of most popular.

Another way for the marketeers to control the drones (i.e. Twatter followers)

Thankfully none of the music I listen to would get anywhere near being popular these days.

<--- For the Record Labels

3. frank ly

I love the smell of BS in the morning

"there's no question that Twitter and music go together"

1. Dan 55 Silver badge
      Joke

Re: I love the smell of BS in the morning

Of course they do. Just in the same way as SMS and music or RSS and music.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Twitter and Facebook falling over themselves to be Google+

Now that Google has shown them how it should be done...

5. Longrod_von_Hugendong
    FAIL

twitter and music together like...

A slice of bread and 3/8" Ratchet.

On twitter, like Facebook, i dont care what you are listening to, cos its crap - please see Gangnam style et al. Please include all k-pop, j-pop & pop music in general. Also refer this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uSlqI1AVUk for more information.

The only good that may come of this, is that a load of hipsters might drown in the mainstream.

Fail, because everything does.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So we will have twitter feeds swamped by people's play lists. Hope they have a way of filtering it out. Unfollowed a few already as all I could see from them was askfm posts.

7. nuked

Shame they're half a decade behind the trend with this one...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like