back to article StreetView spots possible roadside nookie down under

Google's privacy-invading StreetView machines may have captured their most embarassing moment yet, after images of what looks an awful lot like a couple indulging in some horizontal folk dancing on the hood of a car emerged on Reddit. The photograph was taken here, on the Dukes Highway in the Australian State of South …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. HCV
    Paris Hilton

Most likely explanation: couple driving, notices Google car, races on ahead, creates a Kodak moment.

Paris, because I don't think I have to explain why Paris.

1. Shades

Alternatively they could be friends of the driver of the Google car, and had been given prior warning.

1. Robert E A Harvey

Oh? Streetview cars have human drivers?

1. MrT

Not for long...

...if Google push their robot cars out soon.

2. LarsG
      Meh

The quality of the picture is better here because the Street View driver took his time driving past........

3. LarsG
      Meh

Sheep

As you can see this is the favourite Aussie position, honed after years of breeding sheep.......

4. Shagbag
      Thumb Up

Dogging Down Under

So it's not an exclusively British phenomena.

1. tirk
        Joke

Re: Dogging Down Under

Oi! Welsh <> British!!

5. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I would be tempted myself, and then send a complaint to google for digitally altering my image without my permission :-D

I wonder if anyone has complained because they were blurred rather than because they were not?

6. Daniel B.
      Happy

Actually

if you read the Reddit thread, the guy in the pic actually admits this is exactly what happened. They raced on ahead, then posed on the roadside. He's even got pics of the car in question as proof. Hehe...

2. Neil Barnes Silver badge

@ Robert Harvey

Initially, yes...but resistance is futile.

3. The Axe
    Paris Hilton

The woman is waving at the google car, so I suspect a bit of a setup situation, rather than being caught in flagrante delicto.

<-- Obvious

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Also, the participants' positions look a bit misaligned for the presumed process....

2. Charles Manning

We're talking about Australia here.......

4. David 45

Fake?

It may be a staged thing just for the street view camera. Has been known to happen.......er......so I understand!

5. Tim Roberts 1
    Thumb Up

Style!

Real Aussie style staged or not. Also good for a few free beers at Keith pub (if there is one). Well done shaggers, I say!

1. BigNose
      Stop

Re: Style!

Went down that road on hols years ago. I didn't see them, but I stopped at Keith. The pub is also the Post Office, Town Hall, main restaurant, lunch-time social, but they don't sell Lamb Pies!!!

Keith: Pop. 1009

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Faked

Got to be a setup, a BMW driver getting some instead of being one...

7. Mystic Megabyte
    Joke

Flies undone

Meanwhile, shaggers hospitalised due to thousands if insect bites in nether regions.

8. Erix

Here's another one, Latvian style:

http://www.kasjauns.lv/lv/bildes/Latvija/00.2012/19.05.2012/google.jpg

1. Jad
      Stop

RE: Latvian style

Looks more like a "break in" to me!

9. Disco Dance Donkey
    Paris Hilton

Manchester Style

All beaten by this, in Ardwick, Manchester. Prozzie tosses someone off while smoking:

http://t-s-s-r.com/ed/round_our_way.jpg

1. LinkOfHyrule
      Paris Hilton

Re: Manchester Style

That's the best one! It made an appearance just a few weeks ago on the El Reg user forums in fact.

I wasn't too sure she was actually smoking or not, either that or she is pointing to the nearby railway viaducts and telling the punter an interesting yarn about Manchester's fine railway and industrial heritage! I guess when you work in an area surrounded by so much history you start to take an interest!

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Re: Manchester Style

*Temperance* Road, eh? Hmmm....

10. Flakey

So Obviously

a fake, the man is with a woman and not a sheep

1. Andrew Moore
      Coat

Re: So Obviously

hey, what have you got against homosexual Australians?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

homosexual Australians

nobody minds homosexual Australians, thieving Romanians, drunken Poles, German mustaches and Russian gangsters. We all love them, it's what we call DIVERSITY!

p.s. on reflection, homosexual Australians?! I thought this was a French thing, the Down-underers are associated with other sports, non?

2. TeeCee Gold badge
        Facepalm

If that had been aimed at homosexual Australians, he'd have said "ram" not "sheep".

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Unless "he" is actually trans-gendered.

3. Magani
        Pint

@Andrew Moore

Rules 1, 3, 5 and 7 of the University of Woolloomooloo: NO POOFTERS!

1. Gray Ham Bronze badge
          Joke

@Magani

Obviously, you haven't been to Sydney recently ....

1. Steven Roper
            Joke

@Gray Ham

Obviously, you haven't watched any Monty Python recently ...

11. JMB

It does look phoney, I reckon they have seen the Google car, overtaken it and got far enough ahead to park up and set up a pose.

1. DJV Silver badge
      Happy

Yes, it is

Follow the Reddit link on the original article and they admit it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/australia/comments/1c2kde/found_on_google_street_view_south_australia_xpost/

1. Hieronymus Howerd

Re: Yes, it is

That could be absolutely anyone claiming to be them. Are you new to the internet by any chance?

1. Danny 14
          Unhappy

Re: Yes, it is

whatt? people tell lies on the interwebs? Next you'll be telling me Wikipedia is full of incorrect pages of nonsense.

12. Crisp

They are very blurry

How fast were they doing it?

13. SuperHoopMango
    Thumb Up

If you read down the reddit thread, the bloke involved has popped up to say that it WAS a set up.

They saw the car and got ahead to pose. Apparently there's pic to prove the car....

14. mark 63 Silver badge

Holy crap look at the solar activity overhead at that location!

15. rewr
    Thumb Up

Hilarious. I was also surprised by Google Street View when I came upon the same act, except between two Irish lads: http://google-street-view.com/some-irish-boys-having-some-fun/

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Three boys posing with pants *on*. Nothing sexual about this photo. You guys are living up expectations.

16. Keir Snelling
    Big Brother

Here's a slighty better view of the Manchester incident - http://i.imgur.com/qdN74Rd.jpg

Google haven't worked out how to blur that one nicely yet, so it just goes black if you get any closer that this - http://goo.gl/maps/DCMju

17. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

Behing the bush relief..

a moment or two of relief behind a bush

I saw what you did there..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like