back to article Oracle embraces NetApp and Cisco's FlexPod

A couple of weeks back, Gartner told The Reg that Oracle has more room for growth in virtualisation than just about any other player, perhaps including Microsoft. That prediction looks a little sounder today, after LarryLand let it be known it has teamed up with NetApp to create an Oracle-centric of the storage vendor's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nate Amsden

won't lose sleep

"Oracle won't lose much sleep about failing Oracle won't lose much sleep about failing to sell servers and storage.to sell servers and storage."

Yeah - especially when it's likely Oracle will make more profits on the solution than whomever is selling the hardware regardless.........!!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bollocks.

"A couple of weeks back, Gartner told The Reg that Oracle has more room for growth in virtualisation than just about any other player, perhaps including Microsoft."

Technically, that could be true considering no one in their right mind uses Oracle for virtualization, but that's also a pretty far stretch. Oracle has zero virtualization legacy and considering how Oracle treats their DB users (btw, most of those people consider themselves hostages) you'd have to be daft to hitch your wagon to Oracle for virtualization.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Bollocks.

FlexPod is a platform... nothing more ... nothing less. Why make such a stink about an Oracle reference architecture on a hodge podge platform.

BTW NetApp -- Cisco UCS + NetApp FAS together meeting in the field doesn't constituent a FlexPod. Why play this marketing game? VSPEX is the same.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Bollocks.

Agree, Oracle VM is no where near any of the other hypervisors in functionality.

3. SeymourHolz

3rd paragraph catastrophe

Para #3 might be one of the worst thumb-fingered messes ever published by The Register.

Maybe I'm spoiled, I normally think El Reg has good writing, whether or not I happen to agree on a point.

There's useful business and technology criticism of either FlexPod or NetApp, but honestly, what the heck WAS THAT?!?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like