back to article Yahoo! chats! up! Apple! for! lots! more! iPhone! lovin'!

Yahoo! and Apple are reportedly in secret talks to take their relationship to the next level with more iThing integration. Industry sources muttered to the Wall Street Journal that the two tech firms have been chatting about how Yahoo! gear could be more prominent on iPhones and iPads. The pair already have some integration …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mike Brown
    Mushroom

failing tech company talks to....

yahoo?

2. Rupert Stubbs

Yah who?

Outside of the US, Yahoo is pretty much irrelevant - so anything more than a few localised services would be a massive step backwards for Apple.

1. Darryl

Re: Yah who?

"Outside of the US, Yahoo is pretty much irrelevant"

The way Apple's heading, that comment will apply to both companies soon, so really, a perfect match

1. Don Jefe

Why do you say that about Apple? No Apple fan here, just curious. Their market share is growing and they've got insane amounts of cash & an established and stable manufacturing chain.

2. mrjohn

Yahoo is the most used search engine in Japan

3. Tom 35

Yahoo

It's not Google. I expect that's what Apple is looking for.

4. Paw Bokenfohr
    Meh

Really?

"Apple did not wish to comment"

Does that mean that you actually got a response of "no comment" from them, or, that they just didn't respond at all (as normal)?

Because "no comment" would surely be infinitely more comment than you usually get??

5. stephajn

Just to spite themselves

Just to spite themselves, Apple wants to give Google the toss just because they want to say they aren't doing business with Google anymore. Meanwhile, their already suffering product suffers more by doing more with Yahoo? Wow....makes me even MORE happier that I don't own any iJunk anymore.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Yahoo! is also looking into providing its search results to Apple so the fruity firm can thumb its nose at Android-owning rival Google"

We have Apple and Google deciding for me which search engine, maps app, or whatever I am allowed to use on my over priced mobile phone. This is pure paternalism. When I spend $600 for a mobile phone, I want to decide what apps, search engines, maps programs, etc that I want to use.

Thank God for my PC. At least I can set whatever search engine that I want as the default search engine. Again, I won't have an Apple product in my house!

1. MD Rackham
      Paris Hilton

I'm sure you don't want to be bothered with facts, but you can select the search engine to use on your iPhone/iPad. Google, Yahoo, or Bing.

And you can install whatever mapping apps you want. As well as whatever other apps you might like.

You could use that PC of yours to find things like this out before posting

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like