back to article Amazon widens .NET to catch Windows cloud devs

Amazon has broadened the ways in which .NET users can fiddle with its platform-as-a-service cloud AWS Elastic Beanstalk. The expansion of the technology was announced on Tuesday and sees Elastic Beanstalk for .NET now support Amazon's enterprise-focused Virtual Private Cloud technology. It follows an announcement by Amazon …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Christian Berger

For me .net is still a benchmark of incompetence

I mean .net programmes don't even run on all versions of Windows. It's a bytecode which needs to be re-compiled but is less portable than native win32 code.

And what do you get for it? Bounds checking! Seriously every modern Pascal compiler does that for you at (virtually) no extra cost, and I'm sure there are many other languages which can do the same.

For me someone using .net shows that they didn't think before choosing their platform. They just went with the first best thing the advertisement told them to use.

1. Ed Courtenay
      FAIL

Re: For me .net is still a benchmark of incompetence

Obvious troll is obvious...

2. DavidNcl

Re: For me .net is still a benchmark of incompetence

"every modern Pascal compiler" that's like beautiful airport or military intelligence isn't it?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

everyone who doesn't drive the same car as me is an idiot

I picked the best one, everything else is rubbish and doesn't deserve to be on the roads.

1. Christian Berger

Re: everyone who doesn't drive the same car as me is an idiot

I would like to hear any pro-.net arguments, but so far all I have heard was bullshit about "trusted partners" and how much better C# is then C++. Please bring arguments. That's the problem I'm talking about. There are apparently no sensible reasons to use .net.

A company which makes decisions without reasons is a bad company. A company not having evaluated multiple options before deciding is an incompetent one.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like