back to article Microsoft ships Surface firmware fixes with April patch batch

Along with the usual Patch Tuesday fixes for Windows, Internet Explorer, and other software, Microsoft's April 9 updates also include hardware driver and firmware fixes for its Surface RT and Surface Pro fondleslabs. The releases mark the fifth time Redmond has issued fixes for hardware issues with Surface RT, which shipped in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul Crawford Silver badge
    Trollface

Nice to see WiFi driver problems are not a uniquely Linux problem. MS now enjoying the responsibility of making their own hardware work correctly...

1. Henry Wertz 1 Gold badge
      Devil

Power save mode?

The primary problem I've seen with wifi has been related to power save mode. I found on heavily loaded wifi networks, or wifi networks where I'm in the fringe coverage, some kit goes to pieces with PSM on but works perfectly with it off. I would not be surprised by poor speed in poor coverage conditions with PSM, but I've seen outright connection failures and in some cases the wifi card will go out for the count until it's reset.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Not unusual for a brand new OS to have such minor bugs in OEM device drivers....

At least on Windows when they are the 'Microsoft' generic driver version they get fixed very quickly.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nice to see Microsoft have finally got two of their fondleslabs out in the wild to test connectivity issues.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What's Surface

is what the entire world is asking....

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Release hardware

and problems surface. Or is that Surface problems? Maybe they should have called it the Microsoft Fixed.

5. Confuciousmobil
    Pint

With twice the users...

Now it's on sale they must have at least twice the number of users that they had in the in house beta so it's no wonder they are finding more problems.

1. CheesyTheClown
      Devil

Re: With twice the users...

Strange, I bought a Surface and two Surface Pros. My wife and I haven't even charged our iPads in weeks.

Sure... There are a handful of bugs, but less than on my iPad 3.

Only true bummer is I have to use the stylus from my Samsung Series 7 Slate because the Stylus from Microsoft doesn't work well when held at a slant. But the Samsung pen is absolutely amazing on there.

6. Michael Habel
    Mushroom

I can't wait to see...

How Microsoft deal with outta warranty Fondle Slabs when there update Firmwarez start to massively brick owners said Devices. AFAIC LULZ will surly ensue!

1. Chris Parsons

Re: I can't wait to see...

@Michael Habel...and, in English?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like