back to article Astronauts in seven-hour ISS construction session

Space Shuttle and International Space Station (ISS) astronauts have completed a seven-hour spacewalk and robot-arm session, in which a number of construction and assembly tasks were completed. Part of Japan's "Kibo" ISS module was plugged in, a malfunctioning 12-foot tall 1.5-tonne Canadian robot was hopefully whipped into shape …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andy Dingley

Kibo?

The "Kibo" ISS module?

Who said spending all your time on Usenet would never make you famous

2. Guy
    Happy

Smiley Face?

Seriously? Because it was a robot they thought it needed a face?

Or am I just seeing an otherwise ordinary logo as a face?

That white circle at the top, certainly looks like a face to me.

Smiley symbol for obvious reasons

3. Sean Purdy
    Boffin

PCBF

A Passive Common Berthing flange eh? Gosh.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

RE:Smiley Face?

Grinning fiend! If something like that showed up at my door waving its 11 foot arms I'd be screaming like a little girl. Not getting anywhere near my Berthing Flange!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Smiley Face

It looks like the same smiley is located on the ends of the arms as well.

6. Snert Lee

Don't Panic

Want to guess what the smiley face made me think of? In a similar, but visually distinct fashion from other probably copyrighted smiley face variations, of course.

7. Herby

Kibo!!

Go to http://www.kibo.com (all things Kibo). Who knows he may even respond to this!

8. Tim Brown

How long...

...before the AI gives this thing sentience and it start running amok? Just think of all those high-powered satellites that could be used as weapons...

The machines are rising!! Ruuuuun!

9. multipharious
    Happy

Robotron - bouncing ball of death

Guess I date myself by remembering that if one lingered too long this thing came bouncing out... It smiled too!

10. Tim
    Happy

Re: Smiley Face

I think that you'll find that the "smiley face" is really the CSA logo. See http://www.espace.gc.ca/asc/img/includes/anim_logo.gif

This topic is closed for new posts.