back to article Advanced Persistent Threats get more advanced, persistent and threatening

Organisations are getting hit with a malicious email attachment or web link designed to evade legacy defences up to once every three minutes, according to a report by security biz FireEye. FireEye's latest advanced threat report states tech businesses are at the forefront of cyber-espionage malfeasance, with one event per …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It'll be their entrepreneurial spirit

All them Chinese script kiddies dreaming of getting in on selling 'healthcare' solutions and making big bucks. They're only trying to steal your IP to get a a leg up.

2. Tom Chiverton 1
    WTF?

"incorporated virtual machine detection"

Yeah, right.

They've solved the red pill / blue pill issue? Really ? *That* would be news...

1. Paul Crawford Silver badge

Re: "incorporated virtual machine detection"

So why not run your windows-specific software in a VM on something else? If the malware writers self-censor to avoid analysis, then use that to protect yourself.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm sure sophos's web security appliance will make us safe forever and ever right?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The best defence is a good offense.

By its nature, spear phishing is hard to prevent...

Perhaps an extra layer of protection would be to arrange for valuable-looking plausible lies to be stored in appropriate places. Allowing users to generate and maintain these files could make them very plausible indeed.

1. Ole Juul

Re: The best defence is a good offense.

Not necessarily. It's all in the choices you make.

C:\> pkunzip -d malware.zip

5. Syntax Error
    Unhappy

Attachments

Just block attachments from external e-mail addresses. I am perhaps naive but I am astonished how most malware is STILL installed via e-mail attachments.

6. Tree
    FAIL

dll hell is only on microsoft products like windows. When will they protect them?

1. I think so I am?
      Holmes

They do protect them

you can set up your estate to only use signed dll's

This topic is closed for new posts.