back to article American-German biometric database share deal inked

The United States and Germany have announced they will share access to national criminal biometrics databases. A bilateral agreement between the two nations was intialled in Berlin yesterday. "Terrorists who threaten our way of life see no barriers in borders between countries, neither should our efforts to stop them," said US …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm curious

just what do they mean by criminal database?

As we all well know that in order to end up on the British police dna database all you need to do is pass out drunk in the streets.

2. Daniel Wilkie
    Coat

Attacking on our people?

"attacking on our people".

Is it just me, or does that depress anyone else...

I'm getting my coat, all up in yo' face

3. TMISv2
    Black Helicopters

Who threatens our way of life?

"Terrorists who threaten our way of life see no barriers in borders between countries, neither should our efforts to stop them,"

Bit late for that really.... Our way of life is changing more and more.

4. WhatWasThat?
    Unhappy

Re: TMISv2

Agreed. Our way(s) of life is continually becoming throughly scrubbed into nice little buckets for easy sorting and monetization by our governments and corporations.

Never has more fear been felt at the words, "I'm from the Government, I'm here to help!"

Nor more sorrow.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"threaten our way of life"

Does he mean Americans? I've never felt threatened by 'terrorists' but this sort of thing scares the shit out of me.

6. Spleen

12:21, get your facts straight

All you need to do to end up on the DNA database is be *accused* of passing out drunk in the street, fingerprinted and released without charge.

7. b

WATCH!

the power of nightmares, all 3 programs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/3755686.stm

you will NOT regret it. :)

8. Pheet

Stassi 2.0

What the article ommits to mention, is that the last people to take scent sample of disidents* was the secret police of the DDR (East Germany).

An important cultural reference I feel - it caused a bit of a scandal in Germany last year.

In the DDR, people who wanted a bit more freedom than allowed in a authoritarian state. Not terrorists.

Now, anyone concerned about climate change, global poverty, dodgy big business, etc. Not terrorists.

9. Ishkandar
    Coat

Oktoberfest ...

...is scratched off my calendar for the foreseeable future. I don't want my beer and sauerkraut stained fingerprints analysed by some redneck looking for traces of explosive substances. The sauerkraut alone will set off every machine in sight !!

my coat is....stop putting your hands up my lederhosen !! Bastards !!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Spleen

I stand corrected.

Also you get on the database for being accused of carrying a gun that turns out to be an mp3 player...

That'd look good going to the states.

11. Pascal Monett Silver badge

My life is not impacted by terrorists

But it is certainly being heavily impacted by the boneheaded decisions of that flock of monkeys in a certain White House on the other side of the ocean.

As far as I'm concerned, THEY are the terrorists !

This topic is closed for new posts.