back to article China to Apple: 'Apology accepted – but watch your step'

Proving that state-controlled media can turn on a dime when they see it to their advantage, the Chinese tabloid Global Times, a subsidiary of the Communist Party of China's People's Daily, has praised Apple CEO Tim Cook's open letter, issued Monday, in which he offered his "sincere apologies" for Apple's customer-service …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I was taught...

your 'sincere apology' begins with a boot on your neck.

1. asdf

Re: I was taught...

Especially if you are one of the peasants who gets caught by local officials on the way to petition the "Emperor" in Beijing. In which case off to some make shift prison in a Western hotel chain for you until said boot (or rubber hose) works its wonders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_jails

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Black Jails, detention without trial? Sounds a bit like Guantanamo Bay to me....

The US leaders are guilty of crimes against humanity, how our MP's & MEP's can actually sit and allow that to happen, I just don't know, are they afraid of the USA?

The Black Jails in China? From reading the Wiki Article only, it sounds like it is NOT central government sanctioned, rather it is local governments hiring thugs to detain threats to their own power... I suspect its corrupt officials trying to protect their own interests.....

1. asdf

>Black Jails, detention without trial? Sounds a bit like Guantanamo Bay to me....

>The US leaders are guilty of crimes against humanity, how our MP's & MEP's can actually sit and allow that to happen, I just don't know, are they afraid of the USA?

Willing to concede both points but still much rather be in a western Republic. In fact, I turned down a job paying a good deal more than the one I had at the time because it would have required living in China. Strange seeing people worship Mao who killed more Chinese than any other human in history.

>The Black Jails in China? From reading the Wiki Article only, it sounds like it is NOT central government sanctioned

Actually the central gov was looking the other way to reduce the crush of complaints of corrupt local officials acting in the name of the Party. That is until it became big news then they rounded up a handful of scapegoats but the problem is still there.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Neoc

Apologies?

There's an App for that!

(APPologies 1.0?)

4. Mr Spock

Seriously

I thought the original was an April Fool.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like