back to article Nathan Barleys mourn Great Lost Quango

Soho's Nathan Barleys were in mourning yesterday after Ofcom chief Ed Richards abandoned his shape-shifting flagship, the "Public Service Publisher" quango. Richards said in a speech to the Royal Television Society on Tuesday night that the "the PSP as a concept has served its purpose and we can move on to the relevant …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. dervheid

Yet another fine example...

of bucketloads of public (our) cash being spent (wasted) producing FUCK ALL!

(No change there then.)

2. Peter Davies
    Coat

Down with "What you know" up with "Who you know!"

Quangos are soooooo Web 1.0, all the best school mates of MP's are now working in "iQuango"

3. andy rock
    Heart

YES!

justice.

4. Not That Andrew
    Joke

insert title here

Shouldn't that be iQuango 2.0 BETA?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

My day is made

I can't begin to express how much pleasure this story has given me this morning. Just how offensive PSP was (nice ring to it that 'was'!) is probably best summed up in this image, a fine example of taxpayer wonga contemptuously spent:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smagdali/184117319/

Richards must be the most offensive and dangerous idiot ever to collect a government salary; a living monument to the paucity of talent that the Tony n Gordon show has attracted, and a man whose solitary gift is to talk the sort of utter bollocks that puts most people in a deep and lasting coma, sours milk at 50 paces and is understood only by a species of bacteria that inhabit the entrails of chickens.

Even the British deserve to be served by better people than this.

Paris, cos she know a "Dick, Ed" when she sees one.

6. Joe K

Am i the only one....

...that really liked the Nathan Barley series?

OK, it was a few years behind the times, but i found it still made a few choice observations.

7. Andrew Orlowski (Written by Reg staff)

Snouts in trough: Pictures in Full:

Very nice, AC. Thank you:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bowbrick/sets/72157600784562684/

@Joe: No, you're not the only one. I think NB looks better and better with age. We've since had "Web 2.0" and the iPhone to remind us of this ilk.

8. Daniel B.
    Joke

PSP

For a moment there I thought Ofcom was banning Sony's PSP...

9. Mark SPLINTER
    Stop

merry go round

the idea is not to actually get anything done or actualise any of these ideas. They don't care if they have to drop these "concepts" eventually.

the idea is to get paid for talking shit about these ideas for a few years and then abandoning them for the next debate about the next shit idea.

thus, no work need be done, just "brainstorming".

let me see now, this is the 1,352,664th reason i stopped paying tax in the UK.

This topic is closed for new posts.