back to article Wisconsin man cuffed over Koch-blocking DDoS attack

A 37-year-old Wisconsin man has been charged over his alleged involvement in denial-of-service attacks against Koch Industries. Eric J. Rosol of Black Creek, Wisconsin, has been charged with damaging a protected computer and conspiring to damage a protected computer in the February 2011 attacks. At the time of the attacks, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. EJ
    Thumb Down

BS charge for a BS offense.

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Facepalm

Re: EJit

"BS charge for a BS offense." Actually more of an inevitable charge for a dummy. Isn't it about time they rechristened the LOIC the Low IQ Cannon? Seems more appropriate.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

What a bunch of Kochs.

3. LarsG
      Meh

Not to worry

This guy had his computer hacked and has been set up as the fall guy.

Luckily the authorities will only sentence him to a maximum of 50 years imprisonment (it is after all the USA) and he will probably win his appeal in 20 years when they discover witheld evidence, he will only be 67 so he can continue with his life.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Not to worry

Yep, that's exactly how it will end up.

But, Anonymous does not forgive or forget, so something tells me there will be a round 3 to all this.

Facepalm

Re: Not to worry

".....Anonymous does not forgive or forget...." Unless there is a good cartoon on TV. And then their goldfish-like attention span means they are easily duped into attacking a new target, especially if their downloaded "skillz" fail.

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Pint

Attacking the bogeyman of the left is not worth going to jail for.

> Kochs .... bankrolling Wisconsin's Republican governor Scott Walker and his crackdown on public employees' unions.

Good. Apparently the people of Wisconsin agreed, as he won the recall election etc.

Kochs are also for "fracking" and other Bad Things when I interprete hysterical outer-left data dumps correctly.

Could I care less?

I could, but I care little enough.

1. M Gale

Re: Attacking the bogeyman of the left is not worth going to jail for.

"Good. Apparently the people of Wisconsin agreed, as he won the recall election etc."

The phrase "turkeys voting for Christmas" comes to mind.

Ho hum.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Oh, and of course you know just so much better than all those voters how they should act and behave. Typical fuckwit "liberal".

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"Could I care less?

I could, but I care little enough"

Obviously. You care so very, very little you typed your BS.

3. Don Jefe
    Meh

Anonymous

I think Anonymous are a bunch of silly no talent assclowns but I dislike the Koch brothers even more. Too bad the attack wasn't more effective.

1. Busby

Re: Anonymous

It is one of those situations where you feel both sides are pricks. But however much I think script kiddies should have it beaten out of them the bottom line is the Koch brothers are responsible for the Tea Party so deserve everything that comes their way.

4. Beau
    Joke

Fantastic!

If they can just get the new laws through Congress in time, they might even be able to go for the death penality!

Anyone know how they kill them in Wisconsin, electric chair, very aproprate, or would he get to chose, a firing squad provided by Kochs maybe?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Fantastic!

Wisconsin was one of the first states to abolish the death penalty, about 150 years ago. And then they re-elect Walker.

If they were to re-introduce the death penalty, in tribute to the Koch brothers offenders should face death by poison gas.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

If they were to re-introduce the death penalty, the Koch brothers should face death by poison gas.

I think that would be better?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

"the Koch brothers should face death by poison gas" - are they Jewish then?

2. Spanners Silver badge
      Devil

My suspicion is that they would be expected to pay for the bullets/electricity/whatever. That is the corporate way, isn't it?

5. skeptical i
    Devil

quiltednorthern.com? The bog roll?

There's a joke in there somewhere ....

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They make prisons...

...for those who can't live within the laws of society.

1. Spanners Silver badge
      Meh

Re: They make prisons...

No. They make buyable politicians to change the rules of society at the behest of the rich who can't live within the laws of society.

Facepalm

Re: Spanners Re: They make prisons...

"No. They make buyable politicians to change the rules of society at the behest of the rich who can't live within the laws of society." Oh puh-lease! If that bilge were true then there never would have been a Dummicrat POTUS and definitely not The Great Non-White Hope Obambi. How many rich kids are committing computer crime? Was Sabu the secret offspring of Donald Trump? Aaron Swarz may have come from a relatively privileged background but his parents weren't captains of industry. The truth is the majority of computer crimes are committed by two types of criminal - career ones that are simply branching out, and skiddies like the Anons. And the skiddies seem to largely fall into the badly-raised, broken-home category such as Jake Davis (AKA Topiary) or Bradley Manning and Julian Assange. Oh, sorry, did that little insight into the realities of the matter offend your delicate sensibilities?

1. Tom 35

Re: Spanners They make prisons...

No they have a different name for rich criminals. They call them bankers and investors.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

selling out to American businesses as opposed to selling out to foreign governments and cartels?

that's the real difference.

3. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

You are of course referring to the Unions aren't you ? Been buying politicians for longer than the Kochs have been around, and the Unions spend probably 100 times the money as well.

7. frank ly

You learn something new every day

I didn't know that Koch Industries was run by Anonymous.

8. Boris S.

As ye sow

This will be an expension lesson in life.

9. Rick Brasche
    Joke

headline Reg slacker?

Anonymous Wipes Out Northern Website

Role Reversal: Anonymous @ssholes wipe out TP.

there's got to be better bog roll tie in headlines or memes out there.

10. Panix
    FAIL

After I read this story, I began to think: I'd bet this guy thought he was trying to be independent and bring down the man. Yet, he downloaded a program and ran it per instructions from 'Anonymous'. How much non-conformity is that really?

I'm sure he wishes they had just tricked him and stole his login and passwords with a trojan instead of playing follow the leader because 7 proxies won't keep his anus from getting LOIC'd now.

Packeting websites is gonna change people's policies about as much as changing your Facebook profile pic in support of the movement du jour.

Happy

Re:Panix

"......How much non-conformity is that really?......" Shush! The fact these numpties are stupid enough to fire up the LOIC tool is clearly of service to the public as locking them up keeps their stupidity from breeding.

11. Jessie James

The Koch brothers have a third sibling Bill who has spent millions pursuing people who, it is alleged, sold him fake vintage wine. Not a great family to mess with.

12. Tree
    Boffin

Who are the evil ones?

So the Koch brothers are successful businessmen. This makes them the targets of Marxists who influence the weakminded to hate the successful. Free markets will reward some by the following simple statement. "The way to make money and get what you want, is to help others get what they want." Therefore, the Kochs helped many others get to what they want.

Tyranny is a form of extortion and rewards the evil, who harm the population while saying they are helping. These weakminded haters then believe that harming others is not evil,but good. Thus, the "anonymous" attacks on the worthy. It is like some kind of religious war to some of these people encouraged to be destructive.

The real villains are these Marxists, not the businessmen

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like