back to article Apple patents reveal Apple TV DVR plan?

Readers with long memories may recall rumours a few years back that Apple was planning to fit an updated version of the Mac Mini with an integrated iPod dock. Newly published patents suggest the idea may yet emerge - as a DVR-oriented version of the Apple TV. Apple TV PVR patent OS X Dock-like on-screen control, anyone? …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Simpler solution

Come on Apple, quit mucking around, just dip into the piggy bank and buy TiVo. It can't be worth that much and you'd never notice paying for it.

Of course this is purely selfish on my part. I want Steve Jobs to spend millions simply because my Series 1 isn't going to last forever. I can't get a more modern TiVo because they pulled out of the UK after getting shafted by Sky. I'm damned if I'll get the horror that is Sky+ and there's simply no other PVR out there that has a tenth of the usability and functionality of good old TiVo.

TiVo on a Mac Mini or an Apple TV? You know it makes sense.

TiVo + Apple = the ultimate cult following should that be cultimate???

2. Webster Phreaky
    Jobs Horns

Will Only Record Apple Authorized iTunes Channels

.... like Stevie sitting on the shitter passing gas and turds, also known as Apple PR Blasts and Keynote Addresses. Which is why there is so much Apple sponsored news coming from the porcelain throne .... Stevie is "full of it".

3. Phil Rigby
    Paris Hilton

Sounds like a good idea

I was looking at Apple TV recently and did wonder why it had no DVR capability. It would make sense for an updated version that had the functionality, I'd probably get one then, as it stands right now Apple TV offers me nothing I want. I don't care for YouTube so having that as an option is definitely a turn-off!

Paris because I'd like to DVR her sometime ;-)

4. Chad H.
    Thumb Up

even the biggest apple fan has to admit

that the lack of a dtv tuner was the biggest omition from the current appletv model... Its about time!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

I wonder

if in true money grubbing apple tradition they proposed DVR will "accidentally" mess up recordings so they can be offered for a small sum later.

Mines the tux.

Efros

6. Philip

Er....

........ omition?

7. Joe

Is that...

Is that David Letterman interviewing Robert DeNiro? Or maybe Robin Williams?

I have no idea what the bottom one is meant to be!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like