back to article Chinese game addict MURDERS girlfriend after she leaves him

A Chinese man with a gaming addiction has been convicted of murdering his girlfriend in a jealous rage and, after doing the deed, using her credit card to buy more time playing games. Guangzhou Daily last week reported the case of one Xie Huachang, a Guangdong resident whose girlfriend decided to leave him after she found he …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Doesn't he know...

That playing (games) with your girlfriend can be MUCH more fun & rewarding than sitting behind the screen all day?

Stories like these always make me wonder how the heck an addict like that actually manages to meet up and show interest to any girls at all. Because I can't believe that things like this changes over night so to speak.

Even so, the icon says it all. What a loser.

1. Amorous Cowherder
      Happy

Re: Doesn't he know...

Being into computers when I was at school back in the 80's kept most blokes away let alone women, when it was practically about as pure as girl repellant could get!

2. Ragequit
      Facepalm

Right. The issue is his antisocial behavior and his alleged ineptitude with women. Not the fact that he killed someone.

Being both a gamer and a divorcee I can assure you it's quite possible to be more interested in a hobby than the old lady. Especially if it's your only escape from the nagging. Just because he's not walking to the pub every time he needs to get away doesn't make him a loser.

Being an addict and a murderer is another story (assuming this story wasn't just propaganda against gaming and cohabitation). The devil is in the details. He couldn't have been that distracted if he caught wind of his ladies new lover.

1. Jedit Silver badge
        Stop

"He couldn't have been that distracted if he caught wind"

Unless he "caught wind" when she told him she was leaving him for someone else.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"Right. The issue is his antisocial behavior and his alleged ineptitude with women. Not the fact that he killed someone."

Oh lighten up, FFS! Murder is a horrendous crime, yes a family is without a loved one because this complete fucking nutter decided gaming was more important but finding the lighter side of a tense and nasty situation, to which you have no direct conenction, helps us to cope with barely concienable reality of the acts of another human being.

3. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Trollface

"That playing (games) with your girlfriend can be MUCH more fun & rewarding than sitting behind the screen all day?"

So how's your high school diploma coming along?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

D.A.M. - "That playing (games) with your girlfriend can be MUCH more fun & rewarding than sitting behind the screen all day?"

So how's your high school diploma coming along?"

Err yes, women being more interesting than computers is a real high-school point of view .... wtf

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
          Holmes

No, being infatuated with your 'girlfriend' is.

1. Phil W

"No, being infatuated with your 'girlfriend' is."

Eh? What?

Am I misreading or are you suggesting that no-one older than high school age should have a girlfriend?

By that logic all people older than high school age must be either, a) single b) married immediately upon leaving high school or c) get married at some point in there adult life without having any kind of relationship first.

2. Gordon Pryra

Game or Pub

Are the main choices a bloke seems to have if they need to get away from it.

My old man chose the pub, which was far more destructive than if he had done ANYTHING else to get some private time.

You can always park up near your house on the way home and wait half hour or so, read a book or just chill, but then you get done for kerb crawling

1. wikkity

Re: Game or Pub

Best solution, get a shed, you can claim you are doing DIY and get brownie points at the same time

1. Captain Scarlet

Hmm, thats a good idea, get a shed hide your games machine inside and rig up something that makes lots of banging noises.

1. turkey
          Pint

Great idea! I think we are going to need some beer too...

It's all of the male escape options rolled into one glorious backyard getaway!

2. Aldous
        Stop

or you could decide to spend your life with someone who is accepting of your hobbies? wild idea i know!

my partner and i have wildly diffrent hobbies and intrests and we do not begrudge the other when they want to spend time on one. we spend time together, we spend time apart. you do not need to spend every waking second with your partner doing the exact same thing.

Why so many people seem to settle down and have kids with a partner they seem to spend every waking second trying to get away from is beyond me.

3. Dire Criti¢
    Paris Hilton

Damn..

...I'm so glad that I'm a sex addict!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As someone that plays a lot of games- probably far more than my other half would want me to, I can't believe this guy had to go to an internet cafe to get his "fix". Although, I suppose a dead body *could* put a dampener on your gaming session.

I think that he killed her because of her wanting to leave and the media has taken the classic "gamers are murderous rapists" approach. The fact that it was caused by lack of attn due to gaming is moot.

@Aldous has a good response though.

5. moonface
    Trollface

The murder was down to the temptation of credit cards and cheap credit. I blame the bankers!

6. Tomas K.

Where have we seen this before?

Really video game addiction? Who knew? It's amazing how many people there are that are out of touch with reality.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like