back to article British spooks chum up with IT-related biz to battle cyber threats

The UK government has launched a scheme designed to promote greater information sharing on cyber threats between businesses and government. Francis Maude, the Cabinet Office minister responsible for the UK national cyber security strategy, is due to launch the Cyber Security Information Sharing Partnership (CISP) later today ( …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. WonkoTheSane
    Big Brother

MI5 & GCHQ?

Only there to threaten the others into installing back doors in their systems for "official" use only.

2. M7S

So next month at Infosec....

....will I be seeing "approved by CESG" stickers hastily added to any appliances and if so, would these reduce my employer's e-crime insurance premiums?

3. Vimes

I think it's worth reposting the link to this page:

https://dephormation.org.uk/index.php?page=83

The likes of GCHQ are hardly going to be able to deal with this sort of thing themselves, having allowed the spying on tens of thousands of BT customers through their own corruption or incompetence (or both).

4. Vimes

The government continues to allow foreign companies like Bluecoat to infest our own communications infrastructure (the last I heard even Hampshire police were using their services, and at one point both 3 and Vodafone were using them too, and Chinese company Huawei seems to be heavily involved with the Homesafe offerings offered by TalkTalk).

Perhaps a clear-out of undesirable parasites would be a good place to start if secure communications and systems really is the goal here?

5. RobE

UK never be a world leader in ecommerce

...because that relies employees turning up to do the work, which, any time it snows, doesn't happen. <Dreaming the impossible dream>

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like