back to article Tibetan and Uyghur activists targeted with Android malware

Researchers at Kaspersky Lab are reporting that Tibetan activists are being hit by a highly targeted form of Android malware that seeks to record their contacts, call logs, SMS messages, geolocation, and phone data. The attack started with the March 24 hacking of an email account belonging to an activist seeking national …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rampant Spaniel

Gee I wonder which Chinese speaking country could possibly want to spy on Tibetans. Not that our countries are perfect (and wouldn't do this is a second if they thought they could get away with it, and don't already spy on us anyway) but China is just so blatant, you have to wonder how long that kind of regime will last.

1. Wzrd1 Silver badge

Poppycock! It's the Antarcticans, I tell you! ;)

1. Rampant Spaniel

knew those penguins were trouble! Madagascar had them bang to rights. Unfortunately our undercover mission to send Ran down their with a bbq to dispose of them all failed :(

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Gray
    Linux

yummmmm!

Penguin on a spit ... add a dash of soy sauce, whack it up with a cleaver ...

Chop Chow Tux!

4. Wrong ended schtick

Although this is clearly start sponsored w

There are enough unpaid cinozealots hacking anything that moves to claim dibs and kudos (for a chance at an official hacking job) that they will pick on anyone, particularly poor monks in the mountains.

This regime will last as long as we want it to last. There is no chance of running out of Chinese hackers, hungry for money or perhaps even edible sustenance (food)!

5. Tony Paulazzo
    Alien

It is kind of funny that we can now watch our masters watching us. I bet it kind of pisses them off. There's nothing worse a secretive state hates than the light of reason shining into their darkness.

Who watches the watchmen? We do!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like