back to article Mobile kingpins to marketing mavens: Bonking is brilliant, wanna try?

Vodafone, O2 and EE sent their respective CEOs to Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club this morning, hoping to seduce the UK's advertising industry with the promise of SMS and banner deliveries across networks, with bonking to follow. The event was part of Advertising Week Europe, and the operators were pushing their cross-network …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge
    Flame

SMS is the carrier of choice

This had damn well better be an opt-in service

1. Colin Millar
      Coat

Re: SMS is the carrier of choice

Yeah of course - you will be opted in by whichever company sells your number to the spammers.

3. Mad Chaz

The more I read on this, the more I realise how important it is to keep these kinds of compagnie from "spilling over".

The SMS part is what bugs me. Sooo, you plan to charge people to whom you send the adds? We had carriers try that here in Canada. They didn't like how it was handled. It basically went like this "Ok, you don't want it opt-in? Fine, but any custumor who calls to have it re-impurse must have it payed back. Oh and they are allowed to call either in bulk, say for all the spam in the month, or for every message. They get to pick".

They soon realised the call center costs were more then the spamvertising revenues.

1. sabroni Silver badge

in the uk

we pay to send smss, not to receive them, so at least the nagging message is free....

4. TeeCee Gold badge
    WTF?

"Google also raised issues at EU level..."

I wonder what the objection was?

I can't see "Look, we're the monopoly and this looks like competition so we should own a piece of that too." going very far....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like