back to article EMC2 is now EMC II, too

EMC has made a telling change to its brand.The company's full name, “EMC2”, is now the master brand for Pivotal, VMware and EMC II. Here's a slide that shows the distinction. New EMC branding The new scheme seemingly means EMC, the purveyor of storage hardware and associated software, is now called “EMC Information …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lusty

VMware

I'm surprised to see VMware at the same level as EMCII what with them being EMCII's bitch and all. There can be no other reason why the steaming pile that is SSO was added to the product after all..

1. M. B.

Re: VMware

Have to agree here. SSO is garbage. Do better, VMware.

Why can't the vCenter Appliance simply scale up to dozens of hosts and hundreds of virtual machines? The whole point of this is that things should be simple and just plug in to each other, like any good relationship. Make it simple, keep it simple. Otherwise, you know, Hyper-V is pretty simple (okay System Center can be a nightmare, but SCVMM isn't required to make a cluster work).

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

LOL!

Disclosure: I am an EMC Employee

Looking forward to the the 'talk like a pirate day' so that we can use the full name... Picture us all in our best Jack Sparrow outfits..

3. IGnatius T Foobar
    FAIL

Maritz fail

Before coming to VMware, Maritz worked for Microsoft. And it shows: after he took the reins at VMware they started implementing Microsoft-style suckage.

Nice to see that he's now going to implement that kind of suckage all over the company.

4. unredeemed

While I've heard "Evil Machine Company," They really are not that way anymore, that's legacy EMC. Where sales reps would strong arm customers for PO's.

Now it's more like "Everything More Complicated," or "Everything More Costly."

5. J. Cook Silver badge
    Trollface

Everything More Costly Too...

I'll certainly concede that point, although I remain pretty bloody impressed at how well their data domain boxes handle deduplication and compression as a backup storage appliance.

6. YARR
    Thumb Up

Would yarr believe it, too?

This topic is closed for new posts.