back to article Trump, Beyonce and Sarah Palin in toxic doxing

A rogue website has leaked what's claimed to be the detailed financial records of US celebs, politicians and other public figures. The site has published the alleged financial lowdown on US first lady Michelle Obama, blowhard Donald Trump, Arnold Schwarzenegger and both Paris Hilton and Britney Spears, among many others. Vice …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Shagbag
    Thumb Up

Mel Gibson

I'd like to see Mel Gibson's as I'm interested to know just how much he spends on mind-altering drugs.

1. Code Monkey

Re: Mel Gibson

Is that what they call the Scientology payments these days?

2. TeeCee Gold badge
    WTF?

Donald Trump

"...the possibility of changing his hairstyle..."

Should be simple enough. Take off old syrup, put on new one, job done.

1. Katie Saucey
      Pint

Re: Donald Trump

Just got back from boiling down a fresh batch of maple syrup, somehow this makes me feel grubbier than I already am.

2. Mips
      Childcatcher

Re: Donald Trump

Editorial note:

The words "Donalt Trump" and "hairstyle" should never be used in the same sentence. This is defamatory.

3. Victor Ludorum
    Paris Hilton

"The supposed Paris Hilton credit report suggests she has taken out a five-year repayment deal on a Toyota for $5,600 (£3,770) a month"

Err, $5600 a month? Over 60 months? That works out at about $300,000. For a TOYOTA! Is it gold-plated or something? I really hope it's not a vajazzled Prius...

1. Esskay
      Boffin

Assuming it's through Toyota's credit/finance arm, a subsidiary of Toyota, it could easily be a Lexus. Makes a bit more sense.

The bigger question is why a Hilton heiress needs to take out a loan at all? Tax purposes?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Thumb Down

@Esskay

>The bigger question is why a Hilton heiress needs to take out a loan at all

The bigger and only question is how the details were obtained. The details themselves are of no concern to us and publishing even alleged details is below El Reg.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
          Holmes

More Cheeki Breekisms

> below El Reg.

I say! Not at all, my good fellow!

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: @Esskay

Simple. Low interest rates on an automobile and the better returns from business.

Zero brain needed to know that fact.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Can only be a LFA really... googling finds she does have one, well, has had two.

I'll leave you to the research, there are already way too much written about her.

2. Tom 13

Re: Zero brain needed to know that fact.

And yet so many otherwise intelligent people keep missing it.

3. Wzrd1 Silver badge

Re: @Esskay

Actually, here in the US, the news was going on about another case of VIP types having their credit reports published.

It seems that one service that is used for annual credit report for end users was abused by nefarious parties for the purpose of violating their privacy.

OK, I'm using officialspeak for saying bad guys did bad things, what a shocker!

And lousy security let them do it.

For those interested in getting *my* credit report, let me save you the trouble. It reads "SHOOT ON SIGHT".

1. Tom 13
            Devil

Re: those interested in getting *my* credit report

Didn't you mean "SHOOTS"?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Not a car fan

Lexus LFA

http://www.topgearrules.org/paris-hiltons-white-lexus.html

3. Ross K Silver badge
      Trollface

Re:

It's a Lexus LFA. Probably worth more than your house...

1. JeffyPooh
        Pint

Re: Re:

Costs .NE. Worth

It's unnecessarily expensive, due to mindless waste and inefficiency. "Aluminium no, do it again in Carbon Fibre. The fan base love a large price tag. Stuff the seats with crumpled cash-as-padding just to add to the price.

The LFA lacks an iPod socket and cup holders. Other that that it's perfect. Except that it's a Toyota (a rubbish badge, even when spelled "Lexus").

Your Opinion May Vary.

4. Thomas 4
    Thumb Down

Not cool

Seriously. I don't care how famous you are, or whether you think these guys and girls are assholes. No-one and I mean no-one, deserves to have their financial and personal details splurged on the web for criminals and dickheads to abuse as they see fit.

1. David Hicks
      Meh

Some people deserve it

But not many. That guy that was publishing people's stolen (or otherwise inappropriately used) nude photos on his website, for the purposes of exposing them to friends and family, and referring them to a 'legal firm' who could have them taken down for a fee. He springs to mind.

Oh, and Clarkson when he said "You can't do anything with these details anyway" :)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Not cool

My understanding is that in countries like Norway, your salary and tax details are all published for anybody to see every year anyway.

3. auburnman
      Devil

A nasty part of me is kind of intrigued about what would happen to a guy who tries to send unwanted taxis and pizzas to the Vice President's door though...

1. cybersaur
        Go

I think you'll find the Secret Service to be professional and quite cordial.

Let us know how it goes!

2. Tom 13

Re: unwanted taxis and pizzas

I'll need more information to process that.

Did you call from:

a) land line at your home

b) your personal cell

c) burner phone using gloves before tossing it in the Potomac

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"No-one and I mean no-one, deserves to have their financial and personal details splurged on the web "

Erm... the Norwegian tax authorities do exactly that.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

The Nowegians may well publish your pay and tax, but I'll be willing to bet they don't put up personal information such as loans, addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers and the daily transactions of your bank account.

5. James Micallef Silver badge
    WTF?

Solid gold Toyota?

" five-year repayment deal on a Toyota for $5,600 (£3,770) a month " = $336,000

1. James Micallef Silver badge
      Paris Hilton

Re: Solid gold Toyota?

OK as AC above says could be a Lexus LFA, but still, with that kind of money why buy a glorified Toyota when you could get a Ferrari or a Lambo?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Solid gold Toyota?

Let's see: Solid, well engineered, still quite cool, get in it, turn it on and go, Lexus (Toyota)

vs

Bonkers crazy, will probably kill you on the first corner, if it started this morning ferrari or lambo?

I'll go for the Lexus. A ferrari or Lambo is a toy for the track and marks you out as having a midlife crisis.

6. JaitcH
    WTF?

Credit bureaus - a two edged sword

I don't 'need' credit as I have always lived within my income and now, as owner of a house and two mid-size 'motel' style hotels and a company with 35 employees, I continue to pay cash.

For reasons forced upon me by an inheritance, I had to open an account with HSBC. One of the conditions of the account was that they can copy my information to credit bureaus.

This, in normal circumstances, would have caused me to get somewhat excited but since I reside overseas and had a minimum amount in the account I was less concerned and much of the information was accurate only for my stop over in the UK..

But this mandatory loss of privacy has a silver lining.

In the years subsequent to opening my account, HSBC service has declined and the on-line 'customer service' only offers 'service' in name. So I acquired the personal information of senior HSBC management, and a few other do nothings employed there, by accessing credit information.

I can assure you, such people receiving an SMS message from an angry customer quickly elevates attention, and service, to address the problem!

Poetic justice!

In many countries this data appears on screens in many businesses and police authorities. This is worst in the USA.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

The car Paris is driving is in fact a Toyota IQ - but the salesmen saw her coming and added:

Vanity mirrors - $50,000

Steering wheel - $50,000

I love myself (tm) ICE - $100.000

Breakdown insurance : $50.000

Colour matched body to her style : (ie dull and grey) : $50,000

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This...

...is why the punishment for hacking should be 20 years minimum in prison.

9. This post has been deleted by its author

10. lawndart

says

Was it just me who was disappointed to discover the article wasn't about balloon launched rocket craft?

11. taxman
    Big Brother

Hit me Baby

one more time. And again, and again and again.........What they need to do is drag their ratings into the red.

12. david 63

I only came here...

...because of the misleading headline. Now I've wasted 5 minutes of life I can't get back.

This topic is closed for new posts.