back to article Amazon, Facebook, Google attempt to cure cancer with Big Data

Amazon, Facebook and Google have all pitched in to help Cancer Research UK run a weekend hackathon, to see how mobile apps might help cure cancer through gamification of cell analysis. The event runs over this weekend, and will see 40 of Silicon Roundabout's finest holed up in Google's East London Campus for a couple of days …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Waspy
    Thumb Up

+1 Like

Not really a lot you can criticise our wisecrack about here...so without getting to misty eyed, thus is what technology and science are for!

1. ratfox
      Devil

You're not trying hard enough

"Google is trying to deflect the attention from how EVIL they are!"

"Facebook would like us to forget the latest change in their privacy policy!"

And of course: "I see that Microsoft is not willing to do anything for society! ­– Eadon"

1. Trade

Re: You're not trying hard enough

I wonder if it's even something worthwhile facebook is changing in their policy, been years on that site and nothing weird happened there. Other than the whole selling information thing, but hey that wasn't a result from changing their policy

2. samlebon23

That"s funny, Amazon, Facebook and Google are three corporate tumors attempting to cure cancer.

There is no such a cure for cancer, fix the environment and you halt process. Back in 72, Nixon declared war on cancer, 40 years later corporate trolls are preaching the same gospel and hiding the truth.

3. JP19

-1 dislike

Cancer Research UK are and endless source of headline grabbing garbage. I wouldn't trust them to research anything but then they only want me to trust them with my money so they can pay themselves (£130 million this year) and buy more advertising.

More of a publicity stunt for all concerned than anything useful.

1. Don Jefe
      Meh

Re: -1 dislike

Ha. I knew some Internet whinger would come along within the first 6 comments with something nasty to say.

+1 for Me

1. rcorrect
        Thumb Up

RE: Re: -1 dislike

You have a point Don Jefe but often I learn something from these voices of discontent. So off I am to do some research though maybe just this once I should use another search engine besides Google.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like