back to article BlackBerry juices Z10 handset with OTA software update

BlackBerry spent months touting the virtues of its new Z10 smartphone before its launch, and now it says the Z10 is even better than ever, thanks to the device's first over-the-air (OTA) software update. In a blog post announcing the update on Thursday, Michael Clewey, BlackBerry's director of handheld software product …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'd like to like blackberry

I did have a company bold once and it was the buggiest thing I've ever had. Let's hope their QC has improved.

2. Smiles
    FAIL

Where is the UMA?!?!

When they add UMA back in, I'll buy one within minutes.

In fact, that goes for any of the top smartphones.

Except iPhone. I'm not that desperate.

1. Shagbag

Buy one in minutes

If they cut the price to below £300, I'd buy one in minutes.

3. Jay 2
    Facepalm

For the BB (5)<-> MacOS sync it had a nasty habit of changing the date of calendar items during the sync. They couldn't be bothered to ever fix that, so hopefully the Google Calendar fix will be better!

4. Jean-Paul

Oh no

Blackberry has played this stupid game and the update seems to be depended on your carrier issuing it. Why, why, why....I bet it will be several months wait if not years...

Other than that I do like my Z10

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

hmmm

either thats pretty quick turn around between reported issues since release and an update or they were working on most of this before the release and didn't feel there was anything in there worth delaying the release for.

Actually I hope its the second as rushed fixes with inadequate testing usually doesn't end well.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like