back to article Pro-Assad hackers break into AFP Photo wire Twitter feed

The Twitter feed of news agency AFP's photo department was hacked yesterday, apparently by supporters of embattled Syrian president Bashar Al-Assad. The agency's main Twitter account tweeted that any documents or images posted to the photo-dept feed from 16.45 had not come from Agence France-Presse: It appears our @afpphoto …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TeeCee Gold badge

Photoshop?

seemingly brandishes a weapon which is - apparently - simultaneously belt and drum fed.

Doesn't look like that to me. Looks like it's drum fed on the blind side with a belt coiled in the drum. The visible belt appears to be spent (there being no bullets in it that I can see), so I guess it's of the type where a reloadable belt passes through "as is" (like a WW1 Maxim gun) rather then the bullets being linked with clips that detach, breaking up the belt, as it's fed.

I'm sure there'll be someone along in a minute to tell us exactly what that weapon is and how it works.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Psyx
      Thumb Up

Photoshop? Nope, that's the way it's supposed to work.

Yup. The visible side is the ejection side, and that's 'spent' belt trailing out.

2. Individual #6/42
    Joke

Bashar declares Zombie Apocalypse

"Killing children and using them as soldiers"? = he's accusing Obama of necromancy

3. Bumpy Cat
    FAIL

It's an RPD

Ruchnoy Pulemyot Degtyaryova

"Non-disintegrating 100-round segmented belt stored in a drum container"

You really should have run that line by Lewis Page before including it.

1. TeeCee Gold badge
      Happy

Re: It's an RPD

Thank you Mr Cat.

Edit: As for your last comment, that footnote in the article says it's an Editor's note and it sez 'ere that the editor here is one, er, Lewis Page........

1. Psyx
        Happy

Well, you can't expect tar-hands to know anything about weapons with a calibre not measured in multiples of inches...

2. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
      Happy

Ruchnoy Pulemyot Degtyaryova

No wonder they had to shorten it...

"Boris we're under attack! Fetch the Ruchnoy Pulemyot Degty...Degtyar....Degt... Erk!"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like