back to article HP's ElitePad 900 now so elite, you've probably not heard of it

HP has taken a cautious step back into the world of slab computing: its ElitePad 900 has finally landed in the UK distribution channel albeit in relatively low volumes. Fewer than 30,000 units of the Windows 8-powered tablets were shipped into Blighty, say industry sources, and it seems the tech giant has yet to convince the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James 51
    Thumb Down

Wrong

"Pascal Bourguet, HP UK and Ireland channel sales director for Printing & Personal Systems, claimed this is the first tablet aimed squarely at business users."

The playbook with OS1 was aimed at executives and suffered because people kept complaining about the lack of features which would be a distraction for its intended market. There are bound to have been others before that too. What about Microsoft’s earlier attempts at tablets?

1. Don Jefe

Re: Wrong

The Playbook suffered because you has to have your BB connected to it to do any thing useful.

1. James 51

Re: Wrong

That is what I was talking about. It was designed to be a companion to a BB handset, not a stand alone device.

2. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Holmes

HP Elite 900 vs HP Slate 7

This is a Slate 7.

Do manufacturers make these low-run Windows 8 tablets because they're contractually obliged to and they can say "well at least we tried" to Microsoft?

1. P. Lee

Re: HP Elite 900 vs HP Slate 7

> they can say "well at least we tried" to Microsoft?

That's my take. Protect those OEM licensing agreements.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

hype strategy works for Apple

if by hype you mean usability and friendliness, you're right on!

otherwise you're just bashing.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: hype strategy works for Apple

Friendliness! Apple!

WTF

And if having a dig at a 'business usable' tablet that has no SD/memory expansion, LAN connection, USB etc is 'just bashing' then consider the iPad well and truly bashed.

The fact that most businesses fail to see the issues in using one in the workplace (and overlook it's short-comings) is because they fell for the hype. Falling for the hype is one of the only reasons people buy things unfit for purpose - the other being cost, which is obviously not the case with Apple - hence the hype strategy has worked.

Stop taking it personally FFS just because you probably own one.

4. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    WTF?

I too would think a lack of LAN/USB/SDmemory support

Might make it a bit difficult to use in a business environment.

Actually my assessment would be more along the likes of "Are you f**king kidding me?"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like