back to article Forget Dropbox, here's Drobo-box: Small-biz array meets Barracuda cloud

Security appliance maker Barracuda Networks has agreed to marry its online file-sharing service to storage biz Drobo's box of hard drives called 5N. People can upload and download files to and from Barracuda's Copy cloud, and share their data between desktop computers, iPhones, iPads, iPods, Android devices and Microsoft's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. frank ly

Cloudy confusion

I'm always interested in 5GB of free cloud storage, but it seems this is only for people who buy a Drobo 5N box, which is understandable.

Also, there is another cloud storage business called Copycloud which had me on the wrong track initially. I suppose there's a small limit on the number of obvious names for cloud/storage/file-copy companies.

If you do a Google search on Barracuda Networks, there are some interesting things that other people say about them.

1. G Olson

Re: Cloudy confusion

...Google search on Barracuda Networks, there are some interesting things...

Interesting indeed. Sounds like a comic strip could be made of this company...oh, wait, already done.

2. Danny 14

Drobo box caching seems a reasonable idea, fast copy to and from the nas with backup to the cloud in slow time.

3. petur
    WTF?

What's special?

What's the difference with running a dropbox client on your NAS? I can copy files to it and even let it backup to it if I want.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Rapidshare gives you unlimited space for a pretty low price :) the only limit is 100K files.

5. h3

Drobo would be ok if they gave you iscsi and network connectivity on the ones that are reasonably priced.

Too expensive the other ones. (Nexenta with more than one node would be less than a single one).

6. ZagZee

*Cough*

http://jimmydrive.com/

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like