back to article Indian government censors own web site after court order

The Indian government has effectively censored one of its own web sites after its Department of Telecommunications told ISPs to block access to over 70 URLs in response to a court ruling that they contained defamatory content. The bizarre turn of events began last Thursday after controversial business school the Indian …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steven Roper
    Facepalm

"organisations full of bribe-seeking corrupt people where even at the top they have a track record of being caught red handed and being jailed"

I hope this university has some really solid proof to back up that statement. Otherwise that has to be the most spectacular example of pots, kettles and the absence of colour I've ever seen!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

pots and kettles

They take down 'defaming' sites then say that the owning organisations are "full of bribe-seeking corrupt people"

Wow! I am speechless.

1. Old Handle

Re: pots and kettles

Presumably they they know first hand that the Indian government is made of bribe-seeking corrupt people because they paid a substantial bribe to get this case decided in their favor.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Corrupt

"business school the Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM) won a directive from a Gwalior district court to block 78 URLs, of which 73 linked to defamatory content about it"

Well done. You've done more to make yourselves look like crooks.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coffee/keyboard

Re: Corrupt

They say they are a business school, makes perfect sense to me.

4. Arachnoid

So its now against the law to be critical of universities even if official bodies think you are pulling the wool over people eyes..

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No worries. They just need to put up a website saying in large type : "We are not a FAKE UNIVERSITY, despite the fact that nearly 80 online websites say exactly the opposite. Thank you Govt Minister for your support, which degree did you want printed out again?"

6. PeterM42
    FAIL

These are the people that...

........Cameron wants to give away all our work to. Sheesh!

And it is a "work giveaway" ie: loss of UK jobs, When WIPRO moved in to the organisation I worked for all except 4 were made REDUNDANT on day 1, so don't listen to all that B*!!*cks about "partnerships".

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: These are the people that...

Wipro are a minimum cost body swap shop like all the others, surely no-one is under the impression they get any contract by being "talented" or "useful" in any meaningful sense.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like