back to article Mega-rotund Dotcom's Mega gobbles up Bitcoin payments

Kim Dotcom has said his new Mega file-sharing website will take payment in Bitcoins, the virtual currency, from anyone who needs 500GB or more of online storage. The erstwhile boss of Megaupload, which was shut down by the Feds last year, launched its privacy-focussed sequel Mega in January; it offers a range of premium …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Danny 14

Untraceable currency, online e storage, what can go wrong?

2. Ole Juul

It was inevitable

Decentralised cryptography-based currency is starting to gather traction because payment intervention is being used for political purposes more and more. Bitcoin is probably the best protection, especially for an on-line business, since you can't trust the banks any more.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bitcoin A-go-go

Wordpress, Reddit, and now Mega, who's next for the Bitcoin bandwagon?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Bitcoin A-go-go

I see the price of a Bitcoin has nearly doubled in the last month. Anyone like to speculate why?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Bitcoin A-go-go

A protein fibre road made by certain insect larvae to form cocoons.

4. HMB

Zombie Bitcoin

I'd just given up bitcoin mining following the sad demise of GBP transfers on Intersango (Formerly Britcoin) only to find how the value of my remaining Bitcoins had more than doubled.

Needing to get that value out of them, I went in search of a working GBP exchange and found Bitcoin Central which happens to have won the right to formally operate as a bank in the EU! BBC News: Virtual cash exchange becomes bank

I'm still going to be ultra cautious, as should anyone moving bitcoins, plenty want to steal them, but these things keep coming back! It's quite encouraging. It kind of makes me want to buy a load when everyone says they're truly dead and over next time (this has happened at least twice already).

1. Throatwobbler Mangrove

Re: Zombie Bitcoin

Not to criticise you in any way but the headline on the article isn't correct: Bitcoin Central hasn't been permitted to operate as a bank. In fact, as the text of the article says, "the deal means Bitcoin-Central becomes a Payment Services Provider (PSP)".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like