back to article Daisy Group battles to keep 2e2 managed services user base

Daisy Group has been locked in conversations with 2e2's managed services customers after taking charge of the integrator's data centres, to reassure them there is no need to jump ship. On Friday morning, Peter Dubens, owner of Oakley Capital and chairman of Daisy Group, took over the Reading and Gateshead server farms and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

From now on, I'll be referring to this debacle as...

...When Cloud Goes Bad

A fantastic case study in why the cloud isn't magic.

1. TonyJ

Re: From now on, I'll be referring to this debacle as...

I disagree. It is, however, a very good example of when due diligence goes wrong*.

*Or doesn't get done at all because the perceived cost savings cloud judgments.

1. seczine.com
        FAIL

Re: From now on, I'll be referring to this debacle as...

It is difficult to complete "due diligence" on a company that you ended up with because they brought out the original company you signed the contract with. 2e2 were growing by acquiring great companies with great reputations, someone you would happily sign a contract with, unfortunately they were paying top dollar and financing it with debt.

The only option you would have had would be not to sign a deal with a "great small" company, doing good stuff, but at the risk it might be acquired and gone with one of the big boys like "2e2", oh hang on.....

2. ukaudiophile
    Alert

AVOID !

If Daisy Group have taken over this company, then I would be avoiding them like the plague. Every company I have dealt with that has been owned by or taken over by Daisy Group has turned into a disaster. I would say those people who are keeping their jobs should be sending out their CV's right about now, they won't keep their jobs. One client of mine had a mobile phone contract with a mobile phone provider which was taken over, mid contract, via Daisy Group. Under Daisy's leadership, none of the original staff stayed, the company broke the terms of it's original agreement and Daisy made it a nightmare for my client to leave their contract, eventually requiring the intervention of the mobile phone company itself.

If I were an 2e2 client, I'd be making plans today to leave, your contract won't be worth a thing now these clowns are in charge.

This is just my take given what clients of mine have been through.

PS...This will be the first of many cloud failures I predict.

1. The Godfather
      Meh

Re: AVOID !

Daisy is dabbling in too many things and despite suggestions they have a 'solid' balance sheet, they haven't. Some 69% of total assets are intangibles - this is anything but a solid balance sheet. Short and long term debt is at around 140m

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sussex Partnership

A spokesman at Sussex Partnership confirmed the deal with 2e2 was null and void.

"As of this weekend we are no longer involved with services formerly provided by 2e2. We were in the early stages of our work with them, which in any case only included part of our overall technology improvement programme."

No mention from Sussex Partnership that although it was only part, that it was probably over 90%, perhaps their management should be in politics rather than healthcare

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like