back to article Home Depot pulls out of newly-named RIM, gets in bed with Apple

Home Depot is the latest US company to drop BlackBerry, handing out 10,000 iPhones to executives and other management staff and wiping out 3 per cent of BlackBerry's share price in the process. News of the decision left BlackBerry shares down, but it remains unclear if Home Depot made its decision before or after the launch of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Two days for four paragraphs?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/11/us-blackberry-homedepot-shares-idUSBRE91A0XP20130211

I sense scope for efficiency improvements within the copy copying soviet.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Enterprise level decisions take months as Execs make sure their arse is covered enough to not get fired for incompetence. iPhone as BYOD + Good (Enough?) Technology is whats taking over where I work, they are are taking no new orders for BBs as far as I can tell.

That's over 10,000 devices slowly being replaced through attrition....

3. Longrod_von_Hugendong
    FAIL

BB RIM - however you name them...

They are dead, they just done know it yet - but like another phone company that begins with a N...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: BB RIM - however you name them...

Oh Nokia, who have been around for centuries and who made a profit in 2012, y'know that thing that businesses are supposed to do.

If Nokia did go bust then say goodbye to big chunks of mobile data networks:

http://www.nokiasiemensnetworks.com/

It is nobody's interest for less competition to be around. So get over it fanboy.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Blackberrys used to be cool

But since they did away with the scroll wheel - OUCH - plus the keyboard randomly types duplicate characters - Im on my 3rd in 6 months to do the same!

Its a shame for BB - but the utter cheapness of the way they are constructed, and to remove the leather case from the box and charge separately for it and the scroll button that doesnt work effectively - all very bad things when put together .

I like the idea of the keyboard blackberry - its better to write emails with the real k/b on it rather than my iphone - but the concentration seems to have gone from business users to the kids planning their next heist......

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You kinda know when iPhones aren't cool any more when businesses start using them.

6. JaitcH
    FAIL

What Home Depot does to Blackberry can also be done to them

Th US building supply monolith Home Depot is American and just as much as Americans are pro-everything American (even if made in China) so too are Canadians.

So screw you Home Depot, you can close a few more Canadian outlets, we have some well-priced Canadian alternatives.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

twisting around everywhere.

Home Depot was early to embrace linux, and touch screens, I thought it was brilliant at the time, but it was untested, so far that has been brilliant, then they added automatic checkout lanes (without people) , I don't care much for it. Add to it, the fact they don't carry any real solar stuff (beyond the plethora of beautiful garden toys) I've been going to Lowes more often. just sayin HD... no cheap shots here, when you need MC4 you need MC4. Further as was pointed out it probably in HD's 10 year forward plan to stay up with the best phones, and they may have already had the process to migrate in play before the new Blackberry.

Blackberry who has been getting hammered by RIMM network lawsuites, and meanwhile their CEO's failure to leverage the holy Sam Hell out of QNX. just sayin. Now that the horse appears to be leaving the gate, there doesn't seem to be much of a track left for them, until things get smoothed out (the iphones are worn out and people need a new device/plan) again. Hell I was looking at Samsung.. what can I say. But QNX on the blackberry, that I could be VERY VERY interested in. Let's have our apps, and lets have it run by the RTOS who can save battery more efficiently

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How Ironic

Don't know about you but I'm not so delighted at having a phone that the chav's down at HD own. Makes my iPhone feel cheap and dirty.

9. The_Regulator

Poor BB

The slow agonizing death is underway. 3 platforms is enough. Crapple, Spamdroid & Winblows....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like