back to article Net wag endorses Playmobil Security Check Point

One net wag has wasted no time making merry at the expense of the improbable but entirely genuine Playmobil Security Check Point, sadly currently unavailable down at Amazon.com. Playmobil's Security Check Point The manufacturer's blurb states: "The woman traveler stops by the security checkpoint. After placing her luggage on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Customers who viewed this item

Also viewed: L Ron Hubbard: Dianetics.

*snigger*

2. Ash
    Pirate

GAH!

What the hell?!

Seriously, we're steps away from the Lego ThoughtPolice and the Duplo Ministry of Information.

My First NewSpeak WordBook, anybody? Double Plus Un-Good.

3. cor
    Coat

Is there a special edition Canadian lethal taser version?

'cos then kids can 'polish' up on their linguistic skills.

Got a new coat yesterday, time to try it on....

4. dervheid
    Thumb Up

Customers who viewed this item...

Also viewed: Frontal Lobotomy - a DIY Guide. by M.O.Ron.

5. Colin Guthrie
    Coat

Stick to dressing up.

Just stick to more wholesome fun.... like playing at dressy up....

http://www.amazon.com/Kids-Pimp-Suit-Costume-Size/dp/B000QDXZZ8/ref=pd_sbs_t_title_2

Mines the purple one with the floppy hat.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

That Kids' Pimp Suit..

Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed..

Playmobil Hazmat Team - Two Figures, Accessories

The 2007-2012 Outlook for Bathroom Toilet Brushes and Holders in Greater China by Philip M. Parker

Folkmanis Beaver Finger Puppet

There are some wierd people out there.

7. Inspector_Morse
    Pirate

More gems of comments here

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B0002CYTL2/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

8. Edwin

Ho hum

...let's chalk this one up as a learning point for Playmobil and a training exercise for their PR department then, shall we? I quite like their stuff otherwise (for the kids, that is - prefer Lego myself)

9. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Weird people

Maybe, but think about what you last viewed on Amazon, and now consider that a Playmobil Security Checkpoint will show up in the "Customers also viewed" section of that...

10. Stu
    Pirate

Whoa, nice toy!

Does it also come with a police officer armed to the teeth with an MP5 + full tactical vest and kit???

But even to achieve a basic element of realism, you'd need to shell out for HUNDREDS of playmobil character figures to clog up the airport.

Good sales tactic that though.

BTW Lester what were the 'results' of the movie quotes quiz from last week? Or did I miss it?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Hah!

The first review for the Bathroom Toilet Brushed book is absolutely classic.

I get the feeling that "also viewed by" gets really skewed when an obscure product gets linked from a popular site... Interesting... maybe I should do a study about it and publish a book.

12. Joe K

Limitless fun

Can't wait for the Playmobile college security team.

Complete with 3 tasers each and a kid on the floor wearing a "Don't taze me bro!" t-shirt.

13. Chris Bradshaw
    Coat

New toy ideas (patent pending...)

How about a Playmobil terrorist cell, complete with car bomb, suicide bombers, luggage bomb, box cutters, and victims. Washable red paste is also supplied. Watch your kid collect all the parts and identify which body parts belong to which victim. Can they identify the terrorist organization responsible??

And for those non-political families, we have the old Playmobil drug smuggler set, with mini condoms you can fill with white powder and luggage with hidden compartments.. See if you can get past the Playmobil customs officers...

Lastly we have the Playmobile insurgency kit - 50 civilians mixed with 5 insurgents, along with roadside bombs and a set of friendly soldiers and some missiles and bomber airplanes. See how many insurgents you can kill without getting more than 10% of the civilians...

Yeah, I do need a beer or three... :-) I'm off now.

14. cor
    Paris Hilton

@Colin Guthrie

Wow - I thought you made that stuff up!

You're right, there are some crazy peeples out there

Paris, 'cos she totally fly-pimped

15. archie lukas
    Coat

Strip search

Is there a kit for strip search in the side-room/

Gloves, tub of KY-jelly, tissues etc

and short dark butch female figure to glare menacingly at the passengers?

16. Anonymous Coward
    Go

lessons in bribery

The traveler hands her spare change and watch to the security guard

With no time to spare, she picks up her luggage and hurries to board her flight!

This explains the lack of a angry passengers, lubricating the cogs of society!

17. EL Vark

Hurray for Briggsy!

This first tipped up on BBSpot, so credit some giving to Brian, let's do! He gets "dug" a lot; I suspect that's the somewhat viral origin of the piece. Still dunno why so much Xenu-riffic material is being scooped up with this. Life's a mystery.

18. noodle heimer

on boingboing in 2005, looks like

Hm.

Since we can't (now) get this in the States via amazon I did a google for playmobil security checkpoint.

The third hit apparently dates to '05, with a link from someone named Josh.

Seems to've been on the market for a long time before we all noticed.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

But where's the paramilitary?

Still no riot police in the Playmobil line-up. You'd think they'd do a set on that. Maybe some greeny peace-nik types getting skull fractures from the thin blue line. (For their own protection, obviously.)

When I was a kid I was hoping that they'd do some military themed stuff. Of course, I didn't know that ze Germans had gone all legally-enforced nicey-nice. Bah! No re-enactments from the Commando comics, then!

Mind you, at least they have pirates - and the new Roman themed stuff looks encouragingly politically incorrect... :)

20. Stratman

From original article:-

"My son said he wants the Playmobil Neighborhood Surveillence System set for Christmas. I've heard that the CC TV cameras on that thing are pretty worthless in terms of quality and motion detection"

Nothing that Grissom and his labrats can't sort.

Who needs HD?

21. Tom Rowan

Teaching Kids that Crime Pays?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/City-Life-Police-Safe-Breakers/dp/B0002HY2R8/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1205939176&sr=8-37

This topic is closed for new posts.